In an effort to begin the gradual weaning process, I had the daycare introduce milk into her diet yesterday - just a few ounces with her cereal (I had gotten the ok from the ped since she is less than 2 weeks away from the 1 year mark). Well, she broke out in hives all over her body, which has resolved itself thanks to some benadryl. The ped recommended we go see an allergist to confirm that it's a milk allergy. We have an appointment next month (apparently, he's pretty booked b/c of allergy season). I think I'll give her body a week to go back to normal and give soy milk a shot.
This has totally thrown me off guard. She never had a dairy sensitivity (and I eat lots of ice cream!) and has had yogurt and cheese already w/o any incidents. The ped did tell me that kids can "grow out" of this.
Anyone else experience something similar?
2 March girls (2003 and 2005)