SzennyBoy Guest

Default Keeping bottle warm while on the go?

Hi all,
    We've come across a little problem every now and then when we take AM out on day trips... how does one keep the water in the bottle warm while out and about? We use formula and use a little car cigarette-lighter adaptor bottle warmer to warm up the water in the bottle during our car journey. This is fine if AM feeds when we arrive at our destination before we move on foot. However, if its not her feeding time on arrival, is there a way to keep the water warm while on the go (shy of carrying a thermosflask along with us)? Or are we resigned to the fate of the constant search for a cafe or diner where we'd beg for a little pot of hot water to heat up the bottle.

Thanks for any advice on this...

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Keeping bottle warm while on the go?

I always warmed my son's bottles when at home but I never did on the go. I just used room temp water and it was fine. I always carried bottled water in the diaper bag and used that to mix his formula when on the go. He had no problem with it even though he was used to warm bottles at home. I did have a warmer to plug in to use in the car but I never ended up using it.

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Cassandra27 Guest

BRU sells a new travel bottle warmer. It has a outer thermal layer, and an insert which you "activate" to heat the bottle. It's reusable, so you use it once and then at home you have to either boil it or microwave it so that it's ready to be activated again when you need it. This way, you wouldn't warm the bottle until you were ready to use it. It was pretty cheap, I think $10. I haven't actually used it yet, though, and at last check it wasn't on their website, so no user reviews yet.

Cassandra
    mom to Jenna, born 02/03/04

SzennyBoy Guest

>BRU sells a new travel bottle warmer. It has a outer thermal
    >layer, and an insert which you "activate" to heat the bottle.

Cassandra,
    Is this the bottle warmer by Prince Lionheart you were referring to?
    http://www.cradleandall.co.uk/show_p...hp?prod_id=281

Cassandra27 Guest

I think so. Mine looks slight different, with the insulated cover being more contoured. But otherwise, this appears to be the same thing.

Cassandra

SzennyBoy Guest

Thanks... I'll go check it out.

vikivoly Guest

If I was on an all day outing, I boiled the water at home just prior to leaving and put it in a seperate container. I would then measure and mix in the bottle. I didn't use a thermos, just a rubbermaid type of container. The water would stay warm all day.

amp Guest

Unfortunately, we never warmed bottles, so I can't give you any suggestions on this. I just wanted to assure you that many babies get used to non-warmed bottles and some, mine included, actually prefer it this way. I'm sure your son is used to it warm, but if you gradually decrease the heatl/warmth of the bottles on the go, maybe he'll adjust to that.

I did have a friend who would take bottles out with just hot water in them. When it came time to feed, they put in the formula. Usually the water was still hot (obviously not hours later). If it was too hot, they just poured a bit out added some cold, or an ice cube.

Cassandra27 Guest

I went home last night and checked, and the one I have is actually made by Dex. But the features are identical to the Prince Lionheart model you posted the link for.

Cassandra