Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ladythepup Guest

Default Anyone like Playtex Nurser bottles over avent for breasfeed baby?

Hi
    I am expecting and i recieved about 20 avent bottles from family but i have seen how they leak. I am wondering if anyone has used the playtex nurser system with a breastfeed baby and liked them better?
    Need some ideas of which is better.

Mel

pganju Guest

Default RE: Anyone like Playtex Nurser bottles over avent for breasfeed baby?

Hi Mel,
    I have a six month old baby girl and about 20 unused avent bottles. I am still breastfeeding her, when she receives an occasional bottle she will onlt accept the playtex soft liner bottle. Every baby is different I have friends who love the avent bottles. We had to tru a bunch of different brands before we found one that Diyya liked. My advice is to not open up all of your avent's, if your baby doesn't like them you can return them.
    Priya

babymama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My Avents leaked like crazy. One of the nipples that came with the starter set had *no hole*! how's that for quality control? It drove me crazy. I would not recommend Avent. I switched to Dr. Brown's and happily recommend those.

I don't have personal experience with Playtex, but I've heard really good things about Playtex on this board.

Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I switched to Playtex with drop in liners because I needed to get an Orthodontic nipple. My first would only take an Orthodontic pacifier so that determined the type of bottle I got.
    I thought she was going to pitch a fit the first time we gave it to her, as she did with Avent bottles, but she latched right on and never gave it a second thought. We stayed with Playtex for my second and have also been very happy. For my girls, the nipple was an issue. They didn't seem to care whether they were getting breast milk or formula.
    I found Avent to leak all the time and I honestly have never seen anyone feed with Avent that didn't need some sort of cloth to wipe all the milk away on the face, neck, clothes, etc... The nipple is huge and the flow is too fast.

TifferV Guest

Gee, I'm surprised to hear all the negative comments about Avent. Avent bottles are all we have used and I haven't had any problems with them leaking. You just have to be careful not to screw on the top overly tight.

My son (4.5 months old) started out being bottle fed due to some medical problems I had, and then started breastfeeding, and now he gets both bottle and breast. With the Avent bottles, he's never had a problem going back and forth.

Tiffany
    Noah, b. 12/12/03

my breastfed baby would only take the Playtex. The nipples of the Avent were too stiff for her I think.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Mia31 Guest

Avent leaked, she loves playtex natural latch and drop ins!!

Emmas Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have to go with the Playtex too. It's all my DD will take. I tried to use the Avent a handful of times (her Ped recommended them) & EVERY time she threw up...not spit up...THREW up. I don't know...too much air? The Playtex have always worked well for me & I LOVE the disposable liners. :)
    ~Kristine
    ~My two angels: Blue-eyed beauty 8/03, Blondie 1/06
    ~Breast Cancer SURVIVOR
    EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES....DO YOUR SELF EXAMS LADIES!!!

lrucci Guest

We were using the Avent bottles for the first three months when we needed to take EBM with us. We never had a problem with the bottles leaking. When dd was about 3 1/2 months, she decided that she didn't like the Avent nipples anymore. After trying just about every bottle and nipple that I could find, she liked the Natural Action Nipple. We use the disposable drop ins and I have been very happy with them.

Lisa
    Mom to Kyleigh Elizabeth 7/19/03

quikeye Guest

DS (breastfed w/ a very occasional bottle of ebm) will only take the playtex natural latch... I bought an avent in our search for the bottle he'd take, but he didn't like it (he didn't like any bottles, but will at least attempt w/ the playtex). Since I use the pumpmate liners for freezing, it's also convenient since they fit into wide mouth disposable bottles (playtex). I'd only open one and try it out-- if baby doesn't like, return them! (And get a great credit, the avents are pretty $ when you start buying a bunch of them!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast