DD won't sleep for longer than 2.5 hr. She has been really fussy since 4 weeks old. She had all the symptoms of reflux and has been on zantac for almost 2weeks now. We do hold her a lot during the day. Now for the past few weeks, the moment we put her down, she starts to cry. But if we let her sleep while holding her, she can sleep at times for 2.5 hr. Most of time we hold her for 30min after feeding because of reflux, but then as soon as she's laid down, she cries and takes us forever to calm her down. Now we've gotten the habit of letting her sleep on us during the day (sometimes at night)just because it's easier. We do swaddle her at night and she sleeps up to 2-2.5hr by herself, but still wakes up sometimes every hour. I don't swaddle her during the day because I want her to know swaddling is for sleeping at night -- should I swaddle her during the day even at almost 8wks? Is she spoiled or is this her reflux? She still spits up a lot sometimes an hr after last feeding. Should I just put her down and let her cry it out? I'm beginning to believe that she'll never sleep through the night.

Also she would only sleep while sucking on my nipple. I know she's not really hungry because she has just eaten half an hour to an hour earlier. She roots and acts like she's hungry, but then sucks on my nipple for less than a minute and falls a sleep -- which is the only way she's fall asleep. Many times she'll fuss for 1-2 hr before she finally falls asleep on my nipple. She won't take a pacifier still. I'm going back to work in 3weeks and will at work untill late night, so won't be home to put her to bed. What should I do if she won't sleep without my nipple?

Thanks for any suggestions!!