Hi all, I thought being so well ino our bf relationship that I wouldn't be able to get an infection... For the past 2 days, I've had moderate pain centered around one of my nipples-- I woke up w/ it yesterday and thought babe had nursed a bit too vigorously the previous night. This morning is worse, and it's starting to concern me.

The pain is concentrated on the nipple area, but not like a "cut"/surface pain, sort of a deeper "body-centered" pain. I googled mastitis but I don't have the feverish/etc symptoms, just this (annoying) pain. It's also not extremely painful, but it may be just that I'm nt that sensitive to it. It does hurt more to nurse; I've been nursing on both sides since, well that's our routine & I can't imagine hoe painful it would feel to have a full breast... The breast is also not "hot" or swollen (more than usual), looks the same in comparison to the other. I definitely feel the pain when nursing though-- its not worse than my son chomping on them with a mouthful of teeth, but that feels bad in itself! :)

::sigh:: We also haven't had any real change in our bf routine-- still nursing quite often & regularly (to sleep, so you know how that is). Is mastitis the one where i should take lechithin? Would a plugged duct make this much pain? It's concentrated & only located on the nipple (the pain), so maybe it's not mastitis?

Has anyone had "just" pain for mastitis?

Unfortunately I don't have healthcare right now, so I don't have easy access to an md & don't really have any easy way to get around w/ babe there. I could go to planned parenthood; is mastitis or plugged duct something I could deal w/ without an md? (I'm a wahm, so I don't have work issues).

TIA, (ouch)