Default i think i blew it on the elimination track

UGH. dylan's symptoms are back in full swing and i wonder if it was the chocolate chips i had in the cookies i made. i got ones that didn't have dairy ingredients, but the package indicated that they could have milk proteins (i assume from manufacturing in the same place as milk chocolate). now i think that i took a BAD risk, or that he is allergic to chocolate itself and not just the dairy in it. i am so bummed and so confused and i SO want to fix this problem so we can all sleep again!

i think i need a week of chicken, rice, fruit and vegetables to allow myself to be certain of what is going on. i just wish there was a way to KNOW what is going on with your tiny little people!!!
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

COElizabeth Guest

Default RE: i think i blew it on the elimination track

That is interesting, Liza. I had a similar experience with some dairy-free brownies. I am not *sure* it was the chocolate, but Charlotte got a lot fussier again after it. So I think I may lay off all chocolate for a while. It's so confusing, though, because it's impossible to have a controlled environment. She may just be feeling icky from the same bug that James had all week, you know?

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
    and Charlotte, 11-04-04

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Or maybe the caffeine in the chocolate? Anyway, keep up the dairy elimination diet--it does take 2 weeks to completely eliminate. I know it's a big pain in the butt, but maybe your week of chicken, rice, fruit, and vegetables would allow things to clear up and then if you had something potentially symptom causing, you could pinpoint it a bit better. I'm a little puzzled right now about Kaya's recurring diaper rash (she has open sores, poor baby) and I'm wondering if it was the egg whites or maybe cheese. So I've been trying to be very careful about what I give her for a while, but it's like a puzzle!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
    http://lilypie.com/baby2/040222/0/0/1/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...n_gold_12m.gif Breastfed 1 Year -- Woohoo!

ginalc Guest

My GF has a 2 yo DD who is allergic to many many things, including dairy and eggs, wheat, soy, all beans, etc.

She must also stay away from chocolate because it is considered "highly allergenic" just like peanuts. I think it's because cocoa comes from a bean???

She CAN eat Fritos, however!!! And rice cheese, pears, and mangos! :)

gina, mom to 3
    new baby due 5/05