Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sarah1 Guest

Default Cookies/crackers WITHOUT hydrogenated oils???

I was noticing that the "Clifford snacks" (aka Teddy Grahams) I sometimes buy for Audrey have partially hydrogenated soybean oil in them. Ugh! I am really, really trying to keep hydrogenated oil out of our diet, and I notice that a lot of "mainstream" brands all use it in their cookies, crackers, granola bars, etc.

I know most of the organic brands at Whole Foods and TJ's do not have hydrogenated oils...any favorites out there??

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Cookies/crackers WITHOUT hydrogenated oils???

We like the Kashi TLC crackers from TJ's. DS loves the original 7-grain ones and the cheese ones. We haven't tried the ranch or sesame ones yet.

~ deb
    DS 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Kai seems to like anything I get by "Healthy Times". The Chocolate Hugga Bear Cookies are particularly yummy, and he likes the Vanilla Arrowroot Cookies they make. (Both organic) I make special trips there just to Whole Foods just to get him these snacks! I also give him Go-Go Grahams from TJs, but I'm not sure about the hydrogenated oils factor on those...I think they are organic, but I don't remember if I checked the oils.

Here's the website for Healthy Times:

http://www.healthytimes.com/
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

writermama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DD loves "Elmo crackers" from Earth's Best. Her favorite is the original flavor. I think they taste a bit like a ritz cracker -- almost a buttery flavor although they're made with organic veggie oils. The cheddar is good also, but very strong, much stronger than say a goldfish cheddar flavor.
    http://www.earthsbest.com/sesame_str...incrackers.php

Also, Earth's Best is running a special offer for a free Sesame Street DVD with 2 proofs of purchase and 1.49 S&H -- it's a cute DVD.
    http://www.earthsbest.com/sesame_street/offers.php

We both love "bunnies" from Annie's Homegrown. It says "No Hydrogenated Oils" right on the front of the box. The whole wheat and cheddar are our favorites. My DD didn't like the ranch flavor, but the girl down the street the same age loves the ranch bunnies (although her mom says it gives her really strong garlic breath).
    http://www.annies.com/products/healthy_kids_snack.html

hope this helps,
    Karen

baby goldfish! no hydrogentated oils! no high fructose corn syrup! also, lance's toast chee cheddar/peanut butter crackers (for when you are ready for peanut butter... we had an allergy test, so i went ahead with it before age 3) also no HOs or HFCS.

as for cookies, i have so much trouble finding any without eggs, i have to succumb to the hydrogenated oils. sigh... it isn't like i let him have a ton of cookies anyway. but still. i hate the oils and the corn syrup.
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

eb1 is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default Barbara's animal crackers

You might check these out. They're expensive compared to regular animal crackers, but DS loves them. They have no eggs and no hydrogenated oils. They're sweetened with fruit juice. I get them at my regular grocery store in the "natural foods" section.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default RE: Barbara's animal crackers

Annie's bunnies here (organic and whole wheat version). Also, there is a similar type of cracker at Whole foods that is whole wheat/hydrogenated oil free...I can't recall the name but they are shaped like all sorts of farm animals. I know they donate a large percentage of their profits to children's causes too which is nice :)
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

pritchettzoo Guest

New Morning's Mini Bites are good, especially the chocolate grahams. They actually taste like chocolate but I think are still whole grains. (IMO, some of the whole wheat grahams taste a bit like cardboard--DD doesn't mind though!)

Anna
    Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
    and a BOY! (coming July '05)

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Also, for cookies check out Go Go Grahams at Trader Joes (other stores carry them as well) . I am 98% sure they are trans fat free and they are organic. Not the healthiest overall, but decent for a cookie. I eat them...DS only gets an occasional nibble.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

We are big fans of the wheat and the cheddar Annie's bunnies! I have gotten the baby goldfish too and Ryan likes those too. It just depends on if I am running to the regular grocery store or to Whole Foods. :)

Ryan also eats the Mi Del graham crackers and they are really healthy as far as being sweetened with molasses instead of all of the crazy sugar that is in everything these days.

I hope you are feeling great, btw!
    Mom to R and R

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast