Default How many bottles (mostly FF baby's moms)?

How many bottles do you use each day. Right now we have 4 Avent bottles that we rotate throughout the day. After each feeding, I rinse the bottle in hot water. Once he's used up 3 bottles, I'll wash in hot, soapy water then put them in the Avent microwave sterilizer and place on a drying rack for the next use. I saw the dishwasher baskets to place the nipples and rings in and wondered how many parents use their dishwasher for cleaning bottles. I only do a load of dishes maybe once a day in the dishwasher, so unless I put more bottles in the rotation it wouldn't work for us. Do any of you use more bottles and save them up to run through the dishwasher? Just curious.

SpaceGal is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: How many bottles (mostly FF baby's moms)?

I have a ton of Avent bottles, when DS was younger we had 6-4oz bottles, when he started to consume more formula we had about 8-9oz bottles. I always washed by hand and washing every 1.5 day (before with 8 bottles I washed every 2 days). I just didn't really want to deal with washing botttles all the time. I sterlized initially but now I just wash in hot water and sterilize once in a while and when I use new nipples or bottles. I suppose I just got a lot from my shower and all so I just used them all. I still have some that I never even used.

Now that DS is one I have 6 bottles in the rotation. He drink about 4 bottles a day but in case I ever have to run out and need a clean bottle there are two available for me.

hautemama15 Guest

I used to FF with my 2 older children. I had 8 bottles each day on hand. In the evening I would wash and sterilize 8 bottles and make up the formula in a pitcher I used just for that. Then, I would pour a certain amount in each bottle and put them in the fridge. As we useeach one I put in in a pan of hot soapy water and by the evening I would usually have one or two left to make it through the night and the rest would get washed an sterilized. It worked out well for us. I didn't have a dishwasher, but all my friends did and they used theirs for washing bottles and didn't worry about a sterilizer at all. So, you could just do your load of bottles at the end of the day and not worry about sterilizing, or continue like you are but just add a few more bottles to the mix. I found 8 worked pretty well. I did have a couple extra just in case.

I have 9 4oz. dr. brown bottles that we use. She will usually drink approx. 6 bottles through the day. I run the dishwasher at night so we have 3 bottles for the nightime then in the morning when I unload the dishwasher I make enough formula to fill up the 9 bottles and it starts all over again.
    The system seems to be working for me now.

Heidi
    Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

dhano923 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have 6 4 oz Avents and 5 9oz Avents. We are just now making the transition to the bigger bottles. I plan on adding 2 more bottles (the new 11oz size ones) because DD is a big eater and I'm sure she'll be needing the 11oz ones in the future. I run the dishwasher every evening, but some days if we aren't home during the day I won't have enough dishes to run it, so I will wash bottles by hand and sterilize them in the Avent microwave sterilizer. I could never get by on just 4 bottles -- I'd get tired of washing them all the time!
    Mom to:
    DS 10/03
    DD 11/05