ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Breast pump compatibility with Born Free Glass Bottles?

My DF and I are both trying to figure out if our pumps will be compatible with glass Born Free bottles. I've tried searching online but am not sure, hoping you moms can help! She has an Avent Isis and I have a Medela PIS. Thanks!

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do the glass Born Free bottles use the same rings and nipples as the plastic ones? If so, Born Free makes an adapter that fits Medela pumps.

http://www.newbornfree.com/Accessori...oductInfo.aspx
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    Do the glass Born Free bottles use the same rings and nipples as the plastic ones? If so, Born Free makes an adapter that fits Medela pumps.

http://www.newbornfree.com/Accessori...oductInfo.aspx
    I think so, that looks perfect. I found a few reviews that say it works with the Medela but I'll have her call Born Free to see if it works with the Isis. Thank you!!

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You're welcome! I wish this was out when I was pumping...I believe it is new within the last few months.

If the bottles that came with the Isis pump fit onto the Medela pump, then the adaptor will also work.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiomom1121 View Post
    I think so, that looks perfect. I found a few reviews that say it works with the Medela but I'll have her call Born Free to see if it works with the Isis. Thank you!!
    Did you have any luck with these? I found one review that said the adapters didn't work with the glass bottles, but only the plastic. She was perplexed though, because the other tops/caps/rings are interchangeable between glass and plastic Born Free bottles. Weird. I really want to use the glass ones with my Medela pump!

Born Free does NOT fit with the Isis. I tried on mine. Sorry
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetMarmoset View Post
    Did you have any luck with these? I found one review that said the adapters didn't work with the glass bottles, but only the plastic. She was perplexed though, because the other tops/caps/rings are interchangeable between glass and plastic Born Free bottles. Weird. I really want to use the glass ones with my Medela pump!
    I ended up going with the plastic Born Free bottles so I should be able to use the adapter.

Are the Born Free bottles "standard" bottle size? If so, Avent sells an adapter kit for the Isis pump (which, btw, I lovelovelove so much with an unholy love). http://www.breastpumpsdirect.com/Ave..._Kit_p/245.htm

Ugh, wait. These allow me to pump into Avent bottles with my APY/Lansinoh pump. I do think there is a conversion kit out there, though.
    Michelle
    Miss E: 2/25/2010
    Baby Noname: EDD 10/10/2016
    Naughty kitties: Leo, Billy, and Dora

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The adapter works wonderfully with the BF glass bottles. I have a PIS, btw.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The adaptor works but the bottles get heavy, especially if you are using a hands free pump bra (which is the best!). I used to use smaller bottles and then transfer to the Born Free bottles.