Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Is a little breast milk better than none at all?

Congratulations on your new daughter! Like all of the PPs have said, yes, even a little bit of ebm is better than none. But you haven't failed, and you shouldn't feel guilty, feeding a baby is not always easy!! I would definitely try nursing at home when you can, since a baby is so much more effective at stimulating supply. There is also a Yahoo group called PumpMoms (http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PumpMoms/) that you can join for pumping support; I found it quite helpful when I pumping for E.

Jen
    Jen, mom to
    Elliot (8/2/05) and
    Lexi (5/19/07)
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." --John Lennon

Around 8 weeks, I also had supply problems when pumping (although I only pump once a day). I increased my water intake and changed the membranes on my pump. I read this here, but apparently the membranes on the PIS should be changed often. Maybe try that, too.

Good luck! It sounds so frustrating to be pumping and getting so little milk. But I do believe that even a little bit of breast milk is better than none at all.

Caroline
    mommy to Kaylin 6/5/04 and Carter 3/8/07

lynettesmall Guest

Oh!!!! Thanks for the info on the membranes! I changed them tonight for the first time on my PIS and it seems to have helped! I had never heard of that before, but it made a big difference!

Still eating oatmeal, taking Fenugreek, and trying to nurse her instead of pumping. My supply seems to have increased (I am able to pump 2 ounces instead of 1 at a time).

Thanks again to everyone for the encouragement and tips.

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yay! That's awesome news.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2