Jenn98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Here's the Chocolate dipped pretzel rods recipe

Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods

Assorted baking chips (chocolate, white chocolate, butterscotch, caramel, etc.)
    Pretzel rods
    Assorted toppings (mini M&M's, crushed Oreo cookies, crushed candy canes, sprinkles, coconuts, nuts, etc.)

Line baking sheet with waxed paper. Melt baking chips according to package directions. Dip pretzel rods into melted coating at least half way up the rod. Place of prepared baking sheet. Working quickly, sprinkle with assorted toppings. Drizzel with additional melted coating. Let stand until coating is firm. Store at room temperature in airtight container.

Now, I'm not a choclate fan, but I like to make things with chocolate because they are usually pretty. So, I based a lot of my combinations on color alone not taste. For example, I would use white chocolate to cover the pretzel rod and use candy canes and then drizzel with milk chocolate. Or use the white chocolate to drizzel over a rod with regular chocolate and crushed Oreos. Oh, and I ofund that using a spoon to drizzel was a lot easier than pouring right from the container I had heated the chocolate in. HTH!
    Jen

DD#1 is 7 years old
    DD#2 is 6 year old

Default RE: Here's the Chocolate dipped pretzel rods recipe

thanks!

Mary
    dd#1 2/01
    dd#2 12/03