Default Evaporated milk?

I just made a batch of fudge and noticed as I was throwing away the can that it said "best if used by 11/12/06". Do you think I should trash the fudge and start again?

Thanks, Ann

Default RE: Evaporated milk?

I personally wouldn't throw it out. It's only been about a month, and the product was canned, not fresh. I hear even fresh milk can go several days past the expiration date and still be fine.

If you really want to throw it out, just mail it to me, and I'll make sure to "dispose" of it for you! LOL! :9
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Nah - it's a "best by" date, not a "use by" date, and you are only a month past it.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Thanks all! I just tasted it and it actually turned out pretty good. First time I've made fudge. I'll mail you my next batch Erica!

Happy Holidays,
    Ann

I was going to respond that it's almost certainly fine, don't toss the fudge. But that's what everyone else said, too. I made my first ever batch of fudge by myself a couple of days ago, and it's already half gone!
    Jen, mom to
    Elliot (8/2/05) and
    Lexi (5/19/07)
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." --John Lennon