Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Make ahead freezer foods?

Another idea for you--one of my DD's classmate's mom does this. Once a month, she gets together with 3 of her friends at one of their houses and they all cook freezer foods together. She says the prep of chopping and such goes faster and that it's generally more enjoyable. Then they each go home with a lot more food than they could have each made on their own.

cmo is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

In that vein, I have a few pages I tore out of a magazine last year that gives the recipes, shopping list, & how-to for just such an occasion. It has 4 different recipes, all freezer-friendly. If anyone would like an emailed copy, let me know (email me using the link in this box).

I have heard of a cookbook I think called the Make Ahead Cookbook by Cook's Illustrated, and also a 30-minute meal cookbook by the same publisher. Anyone have any experience with these? Thanks!

Default RE: My favorite freezer-cooking cookbook is...

fyi I am a need to see it person too. I buy from B&N so I can return (free shipping wtih $25, the downfall is you only get store credit) or I order the book via the library and have it at the front desk waiting for me. I never hunt in the library anymore, impossible with my kids!

s_gosney Guest

I've also heard of people doing a swap. So if we had 6 families going in together, then I might make 6 lasagnas, family 2 make 6 enchiladas, etc. Making 6 of one dish should go a lot faster than 6 different dishes. Then you just get together, swap, and each family has 6 different dishes.

Jenn98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

No experience with these particular books, but I have never, ever been disappointed by Cook's Illustrated. I *love* their recipes! I'm off to look those books up!
    Jen

DD#1 is 7 years old
    DD#2 is 6 year old

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2