Default Diaper prices at Costco, BJ's Warehouse

Hi,

Do brand-name diapers like Huggies cost significantly less at Costco and BJ's Warehouse when compared to places like Babies 'R' Us or Target? The $50 annual membership fee is steep and I am not sure the savings will be as much.

Please help a newbie here.

Thanks in advance.

I think BJ's might have a store brand which is significantly cheaper but I'm not sure as I haven't used them, but a friend did. I think she said diaper prices were around .10 each. I do have a Costco membership though and I do not use them for diapers. I don't think their prices are much cheaper than what I can do with sales and coupons. I used to use Pampers (which they didn't stock) and I got better deals by using combining coupons and sales. Currently, I use 7th generation diapers and get them through Amazon subscribe and save which is the best consistent deal for these more expensive diapers. So, if you have the time to watch the sales and collect coupons, I think you'd do better at CVS and TRU sales.
    HTH

Default costco diapers

I have heard that the kirkland (cosco brand at least here in canada) is made by the huggies company (and therefore same fit as the regular huggies just cheaper!!!!!!)

anyone else heard this?

Pampers at BJ's are not any cheaper than I can get at our local Publix grocery store, though they do have good store coupons sometimes and you can combine them with manufacturer coupons to get a better deal.

Huggies are cheaper, and again you can use BJ's coupons and manufacturer coupons for a better deal. I have not bought them in awhile, so I can't tell you an exact price.

Both BJ's and Costco will let you look around before you get a membership if you wanted to check exact prices before signing up.

I did a side by side comparison with a Costco diaper and a Huggies (regular, not advanced), and they were exactly the same, except for the design on the front. HTH a little.
    -Sarah

rgors is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

At my local Costco (Denver), Size 3 Huggies are .17 per diaper. Kirkland (ie Costco storebrand) were actually a little bit more -- something like .174 per diaper.

If you are an avid coupon clipper, you can probably do better at places like Target.

I have found storebrand diapers (size 3) at places like Target and Walgreens for .14 per diaper, regular price (i.e. not on sale).

HTH

I find Pampers Cruisers to be cheaper at BJ's. Sometimes they are cheaper by a few dollars. Also, if you are a member of BJ's, they mail you coupons. I always use a $3 or $4 coupon in addition to the club price. Plus, they take regular manufacturer coupons.
    Robin

Mommy to Tristan 10/11/05 and Parker 10/31/08

I have been using the BJ's generics for awhile and they are fine. My favorite generic is the CVS supremes! My first we used only huggies and pampers....could have saved a bundle if I only new how good the generics really are....I try to get the size 3-4's for 14-16 cents per diaper! It is like a game to find them that cheap! My sickness! finding good deals!

Here is the latest prices as of Jan 19, 08...

Costco
    Huggies Snug & Dry 224 counts size 3 - $38

Babies R Us
    Pampers Cruisers 160 counts size 3 - $36

Walmart
    Pampers Baby and Dry 104 counts size 3 - $18.50