This is in advance thinking, but Dh and I were going to try for PTing Dora sometime in late March, after we get back from a trip. For the moment doing training pants isn't a great option because we only have a laundry room which is a hike a way (we only do laundry once a week and Dh does it), so no solutions for poopy pants and such. I was thinking about pullups, but seeing from some threads that they don't absorb much. I was wondering about the pullups I've heard about that are supposed to get cold when they're wet? Has anyone tried them, and does that feature work? Does it make it more effective in term of discomfort for the kid?

Also, I'm wondering how did you all get started? We have a little potty, and Dora likes to pull it out and sit on it (with clothes on) when she sees me using the bathroom. Sometimes before a bath she pulls it out, then changes her mind. I don't know how to get her motivated to sit on the potty at regular intervals (Lisa Gatorsmom mentioned every half hour). And she isn't going to daycare or preschool so no peer pressure there.

Any ideas welcomed. She'll be 2.5 April 1st.