Thread: What to do?

Default What to do?

DS (20 months) announced to me last night that he wants a potty. He said it to DH the day before, and then again last night to me while he was in the bath. I am at a loss, because I was not expecting to even come close to this issue for another year. I have a feeling the potty is going to sit in our bathroom unused for about that long, but I am wondering if anyone has any tips or quick articles I can read to get up to speed on what we should do to encourage PT. I want it to be totally without pressure, because I realize it is WAAAY early for this, but on the other hand, if he is interested, why not go with it? Thoughts? Advice? Do I even buy the potty or just ignore the request until he is older?

Go for it! DD trained not long after 2. We didn't push. We got a potty. We asked her to sit on it when she normally peed anyway. Eventually, we asked if she wanted underwear. She went back and forth for a while, and then we were done (well, OK, so that was almost 2 years ago and she's had two accidents in 2 days, but they were both waited-too-long accidents next to the toilet)