Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Organic or safe diaper cream?

I've been in the process of eliminating unhealthy chemicals and toxins from the products that we use and it just occurred to me (duh!) that the diaper creams I use may need to change. I think I need to keep a zinc oxide cream for when diaper rash flares up but what about when things are ok or just mildly irritated? What do you use? Are ointments with petroleum jelly safe? Is it environmentally friendly? I know I don't want anything with parabens or too many chemical ingredients. I know some of you mamas must be knowledgeable about this. Help!
    -Victoria

Northern Essence makes a line of diaper rash creams that are safe to use with cloth diapers, although I'm sure you could use them with disposables as well. Their creams are made of natural ingredients.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Lanolin works well for daily use and mild rashes. I have bottle of spray lanolin from Naturally Luxe that is great for when DS is really squirmy.
    Jennifer
    Mommy to a big girl and a little girl with a sweet boy in the middle (and always missing our sweet baby boy #2, stillborn 7/12)

"The work of today is the history of tomorrow and we are its makers." Juliette Gordon Low

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We like Burt's Bees diaper cream a lot! Seems to be very effective, and good for sensitive skin.

Thank you everyone for all the ideas! I'll check them all out. After I posed this question, I realized that Aquaphor Healing Ointment probably meets my needs. I checked the ingredients at cosmeticsdatabase.org and it looks very safe.
    Thanks again.
    -Victoria

Another vote for Weleda diaper cream.

Also, California Baby Calendula Cream is a great one.

You can find both online, or in your local natural food stores.

I really like Little Twig and California Baby products. They both make good diaper cream. I have also used Burt's Bees on occasion.

Bens Momma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Also give thumbs up to the Weleda diaper care cream that others have mentioned! On occasion I did use Lanolin on dry or mildly irritated skin. Just be careful cause you don't need to use much and it can be a bit tacky.

Momma to 2 DS

so far we love burts bees and california baby diaper creams. no rashes yet. (though not much solid food yet either).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast