srhs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default FP Space Saver sturdy?

After reading BB, reviews here, & messages here, I think the Fisher Price Space Saver high chair is the way to go! DH is unconvinced; he thinks it looks unstable. Let me ask specifically: have you found this setup to be sturdy or not? Any tips or scares?
    THANKS!

We bought one for my parents house (we eat over there at least 1 time a week)... and it is really secure. No worries here either.
    Have a nice day!

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We've been using ours every single day for 18 months now and it's incredibly sturdy. It straps on very tightly, though I guess it could depend on your kitchen chair. But I wouldn't think so. We love ours and I truly wish I'd had it for my first two boys instead of the cumbersome, unsightly and hard to clean highchair. I can't say enough about it.
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

Another user here. Hannah goes bonkers in hers all the time when she's done eating and wants down, and it has never budged from the seat, tipped, or anything. Nice and sturdy!
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

mariza is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I love ours, we've used it since 3 yo DD was 11 months and with DS who is now 17 months! It is very sturdy, DS likes to "walk" in it. He will lean forward in the chair then quickly rock himself backward so that the chair moves, he ends up across the other side of the room when he does this. Drives me nuts, but I suppose he could do it in any type of highchair. The chair has always stayed on securely no matter how much he slammed into it! Actually I've often thought that if we had a standard highchair he would have toppled it many times! I never had this issue with DD, it's just DS that's the body slammer

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We have it for my niece. It is nice and sturdy IMO.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Default yes, sturdy

My son is super wiggly-- always kicking his legs and swinging around and this chair does not budge. You just have to make sure you tighten the straps onto the chair and you are all set.
    We love ours! Both my mom and my MIL have one an I wish we had gotten one instead of our larger FP chair.
    Andrea