Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thanks, Marina .

So I noticed Right Start has good prices (not sure about shipping, I didn't look too closely, but 199 for a Regent, for example)... Elitecarseats seems to be pretty crummy (in terms of THIS sale, in general I think they are fantastic!), honestly, their prices didn't seem worthwhile. Sometimes Albee carries older models, and while MOST are new, sometimes you can get an old seat, so just a head's up about them... Baby Universe seems pretty good from what I've gleaned about the sale starting today there. www.couponsurfers.com may have a good coupon, it's always worth a try to check there.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

I TOTALLY agree! I don't want cut and paste information...I want first hand experience from someone who has BTDT!
    ~Tara~
    Proud Mommy to
    Jackson 11/02
    Tyler 6/05
    Jaci 8/06

I've had a couple of good experiences with Albee Baby. Fast (and free) shipping, no sales tax. The first Boulevard I ordered from them was just before Christmas last year. When the seat arrived, it had a 12/06 manufacture date (in other words, it was less than a month old)! I ordered a second BLVD from them last month, and it had an October manufacture date, so not quite as good, but still very reasonable, in my opinion.
    Gaye
    Single mama to Tyler (5/06), RN, triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet
    Okay, now that is my point. I don't think people come on here because they are too lazy or too dumb to do their own searches. They come here because they want BTDT advice. I know you like to put links in your messages, but we still don't know a whole lot about you and your BTDT experiences. This message is just a list of retailers. Why don't you say - I ordered from XYZ and the service was great or the product arrived quickly or the manufacture date was really recent. Just putting a list together saves people some search time, but doesn't help them make informed decisions.
    I said :

Here are some sites:

I have bought from www.elitecarseats.com, www.babyuniverse.com and my friend bought from www.albebaby.com.

I figured that was good enough. I had great service from both retailers I bought from .. very new manufacture dates and my friend had same experience from retailer she ordered from. Both of us ordered Britax Regents. Fast service and free shipping at time we purchased. Hope that clarifys my experience.

caleymama is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've ordered Britax seats from both target.com (a Marathon) and babyuniverse.com (a Parkway). Both times I went through Ebates for an additional % back and was able to use a coupon code I found online (check retailmenot.com in addition to the other site(s) mentioned above). No issues with my orders, shipping, or the seats themselves.
    mama to 2 lovely and loving DDs

nbs2 is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

So, would you all suggest the o/l only retailers or would I be better off buying from a o/l/B/M site. I don't live that far from Great Beginnings, so if there was a problem I could return it to the store, which is nice. But if I'm likely to be happy (as I was with my KF), then why not just go to baby universe with all the code, I could get it for about $230.

I prefer the online retailers that have free shipping and no sales tax. The no tax (as well as any sale or discount code you have) make it more than worthwhile IMO. If I went to a B&M store, I would have to drag myself and DS there, and pay sales tax. Not a great deal. The caution to that is that you have to make sure that the online retailer does not have B&M stores in your state, or you will get charged sales tax.
    Gaye
    Single mama to Tyler (5/06), RN, triathlete.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I ordered Sarah's Regent from Great Beginnings and was extremely happy. I usually don't like to buy carseats on-line because the hassle factor and cost of returning it if there is an issue is worth $20 or $30 to me. But I also don't live too far from GB (fortunately in a different state so I didn't have to pay sales tax ) so I considered that a very safe bet.

My Regent came from them in about 2 days!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm on a bunch of different boards. You would think that google is common knowledge, especially to someone that has wandered onto and posted on a message board devoted to a special topic. However, you'd be surprised at how computer illiterate some people may be.

Something sort of similar came up recently on a Cruise Critic post. Lady had thousands and thousands of posts. However, she posted a "discovery" that was basically common and basic knowledge that she found on the net (exactly what it was escapes me right now). Point is, you just never know. I wouldn't be so hard on 801kelle. Plus, she did later post specific recommendations.

There's also another issue. I, for one, never use Google. I always use Yahoo to run searches. However, I also know that each search engine has a different methodology so if I can't find what I'm looking for (and I know it's out there) with Yahoo, I'll use Google or MSN to search. Some people might think they're all one and the same. So, when telling someone to go "google" it, they might use Yahoo and not find what they're looking for cuz it shows up right away with a Google search but not on a Yahoo search.

When searching for something to buy, froogle.com gives better results than google.com

It's google, but only on things for sale, so it narrows it down. And you can sort by price.
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast