Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    nbs2 is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber
    I ordered Sarah's Regent from Great Beginnings and was extremely happy. I usually don't like to buy carseats on-line because the hassle factor and cost of returning it if there is an issue is worth $20 or $30 to me. But I also don't live too far from GB (fortunately in a different state so I didn't have to pay sales tax ) so I considered that a very safe bet.

My Regent came from them in about 2 days!
    That's a thought I hadn't considered. I suppose I could order it and have it shipped to a friend's house. I'll see them next saturday anyway...

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I had a wonderful experience with travelingtikes.com about a year ago, I ended up buying my son's MA (the All Star Blue pattern) which I love, I had planned on getting another pattern that was way cheaper, it was out of stock and they called to tell me that and offered any other pattern...not every retailer does that, it had a super recent date of manufacture and fast shipping.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Whoever you use, check the return policy, unless you're sure you won't return the seat. I ordered a BV at the last sale, then changed my mind. To return it the seat had to be unopened box and you pay the return shipping. As it turns out, a friend was just about to order the same BV and she missed the sale, so I sold her mine. Some stores have free return shipping if you pay $2 shipping insurance (elite car seats I think) and others don't mind if the box is open.
    Just double check before you click the submit button. Of course, if you know the seat will work in your car etc, then you may not have to worry.

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Baby Catalog has Marathons now for $209, Boulevard's $238. And it looks like Free Shipping. I'm not sure about tax though.
    Has anyone ever bought from Baby Catalog? I never have but still wanted to post the deal here.
    DD
    DS

I had a bad experience with Baby Catalog on an Ebay transaction. They listed they had 11 RB for "sale" at 30% off for $132.30 with free shipping. Myself and 10 others jumped on the deal. They came back and would not honor it, said it was a Ebay software error and they did not have the seat available. Pattern was Lazy Day Grey. Yet, on the website, Baby Catalog.com, they were selling the same seat for $179.00. The seat was NOT available for $132.30, but it WAS available for $179.00? They refused to sell me the seat at the price, or offer another pattern at a discounted price. Their response was it that it was not their fault, that Ebay would take full responsibility, which they NEVER did, BTW. I filed a complaint with Ebay, but have not heard anything. I am boycotting Baby Catalog from now on, no matter how good the prices are! LOL!
    Linda T.
    Grammie to Dylan Thomas

Default Ebay and Britax

Just a quick FYI,
    Britax will not honor warranties for items purchased on eBay.

I wrote one eBay vendor several times asking that question, and the vendor has never responded. In fact I've asked that question of several eBay vendors, and none of them replied. I guess I got my answer!

Buyer beware!
    Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see ~John W. Whitehead

Quote Originally Posted by JamminsMom
    Just a quick FYI,
    Britax will not honor warranties for items purchased on eBay.

I wrote one eBay vendor several times asking that question, and the vendor has never responded. In fact I've asked that question of several eBay vendors, and none of them replied. I guess I got my answer!

Buyer beware!
    Hmm, that is interesting. In their E-bay listing, Baby Catalog listed themselves as an "authorized Britax dealer", so one would assume that warranties would not be a problem. Now I wonder. So maybe it's a good thing the transaction didn't go through after all, and I can get a "real" deal with a warranty! Thanks for that information!
    Linda T.
    Grammie to Dylan Thomas

I just posted this on another thread, but I got the Marathon for $201 from Baby Age through Amazon. (for some reason, their prices are a touch lower through Amazon than through their own site). Just look up Marathons on Amazon, and on the right, there will be a list of other places to buy from. No tax, free shipping. HTH!

Smile Best $ for Regent:

Okay, I've checked out the sites recommended. The lowest list prices for Regent are as follows:

Amazon (via Baby Age)

Regent Onyx $204.07 with $9.99 shipping/handling
    Regent (Madison) $201
    Baby Age
    Regent (any style) $209.99 with (I believe $9.99 s/h)
    Baby Catalog
    Regent (any style) $209.00 no s/h

Not sure about sales tax at the moment!

I found the same thing as the post above me: Baby Age via Amazon is slightly cheaper than Baby Age direct
    Last edited by JamminsMom; 02-24-2008 at 02:22 PM.
    Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see ~John W. Whitehead

http://www.pricegrabber.com

http://www.amazon.com

Thanks for letting me know about the sale.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast