Default DD in Regent kicking seatback in '08 Ody?

I just traded in my 2004 Odyssey for a 2008. My 3-year old (35 lbs., FF) is behind the passenger's seat in her Regent and will not stop putting her feet up on the seatback in front of her. I have the seat her Regent is in pushed all the way back. It seems like there is less room between the front seat and the back seat in the 08 than there was in the 04 , because she couldn't reach the seatback in my old Ody. I can't move the passenger front seat up b/c my husband needs the room.

She says her legs hurt dangling. Are there any footrests on the market that would work for this arrangement? I want her comfy, but I also want her grubby feet off my new leather seats!!

TIA!

Love that smiley
    Two incredibly cheap options...you might want to use both... An apron hung on your headrest so it protects your seatback from her feet (maybe she can even rest her feet in the pocket, lol). And for the footrest, there's really nothing elegant, but measure the distance from her feet to floor and use something light (so it won't become a projectile in a crash)... maybe a cheap foam cooler is tall enough...my older kids use $6 plastic bathroom stepstools for their long legs... maybe a plastic tote box will fit and you can use it for storage, too... She can also criss cross applesauce her legs to be more comfortable, go ahead and tell her that
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I put a small stepstool in the van for my DD to put her feet on and it helps a lot. But honestly she still puts her feet up. I just live with it but it drives DH a bit nuts.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Is this your only child? If so put the Regent in the middle.. That is where I have my Regent for my 4.5 yo DD!!! If you don't have latch in the middle seat you can still get good install with vehicle seatbelt and top tether.

Also, on protecting the back of your seat.. if you have captains chairs and you can't put child in middle.. There are several brands out there that make seat back protectors. I had one and can't remember where I got it from? Babie R Us? My girlfriend I believe has one from Eddie Bauer.

I just looked up on Babies R Us.. Here are some mats to put on back of seat:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2910026
    Last edited by 801kelle; 02-25-2008 at 06:16 PM.
    Kelle
    Mom to Riley (05-03)
    (She's a girl, not a boy)
    Used to sit in REGENT
    NOW SITS IN FRONTIER
    WE LOVE!!!

Wal Mart sells a seat back protector that fits perfectly in my '07 Odyssey (should be the same for your '08). They come in several colors (gray, tan, etc.) and are in the automotive dept. I don't remember how much they cost, but they were fairly inexpensive and there are two in the package.

Sarah......mom to Jason & Devin