MMMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Toddler Tap Shoes?

I need to buy tap shoes for DD1 (almost 3) and DD2 (4 years old), preferably with velcro. No retail store near me sells them, so I will probably have to buy online. I wish I could at least get them sized for tap shoes and then order online. Danshuz brand makes velcro tap shoes, and the cheapest I could find was online at dance4less.com for just under $20 per pair.

DD1 has small feet--right now she wears a size 6 (with some room to spare). DD2 wears a size 9. Since I will probably have to order online, I'm worried about not getting the right size, the right fit, etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations for any particular type or brand of tap shoes (as noted, preferably with velcro)? Any recommendations on where to buy online at a lower price (and preferably free shipping)?

Thanks!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

giavila is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

They don't have velcro, but just thought I'd add that Payless carries tap shoes for little ones. That's were we get them. They run under $20 and they sometimes have promotions buy one get the 2nd 50% off.

We got DD's tap shoes at Payless. They are not velcro, but the teachers help all the kids tie their shoes when it's time to change into them (they start out in ballet slippers in the beginning of class). You could at least maybe get an idea of size there?

Oh, and I think they were $20-ish, but I got them during a buy one/get one 1/2 off sale, which I think Payless has frequently.

Sarah

(Oops, I guess PP and I were posting at the exact same time!)
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

Default Thanks!

They are having the buy one, get one 1/2 off right now, and I could buy online and have it shipped to the store for free. The only problem is that the smallest size available is 7. DD2 wears a 6. Did you find that the ones at Payless ran small or large? Thx!
    Mommy to Two DDs

deannanb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

instead of the ribbon to tie the shoes - put in a piece of elastic - sew the ends together and then dd can just pull the shoes on without having to worry about a bow.
    Deanna
    my three sons
    8/95, 10/04 and 6/08

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My DD has a pair of Capezio tan tap shoes that have the velcro (it looks like a buckle but is really velcro). Hers are a 91/2 and she wears about a 10 in regular shoes so pretty true to size. I think there are quite a few online dance places...our dance studio requires tan shoes for the recital so you might want to make sure that either black or tan is okay.

You can get "tap ties" from a dance store & that way your dd can just slip them on & off.
    Kim

Thank you for your help! I went to Payless Shoes today and picked up two pairs of tap shoes (size 7 and 10), and they were buy one get one 1/2 off. $19.99 each, so about $15 each with the discount. Can't beat that! Hopefully the 7 will fit my younger daughter....
    Mommy to Two DDs

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kaitlinsmommy
    You can get "tap ties" from a dance store & that way your dd can just slip them on & off.
    Just wanted to echo this...my DD's (much bigger feet) came with both ribbons and tap ties...
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)