nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Flor carpet tile-specific recommendations?

I've read through all the prior posts on Flor here, but I have a more specific question about patterns, before I order more sample tiles.

I am planning to put flor carpet tile in my sunroom that is being used as a playroom, in the shape of an area rug. The floor is tile, now with bright colored foam interlocking squares. The foam is nice in that it is fun, but it is hard to maintain, and has indentations from train table etc, and gives a cluttered appearance to the room. I want something that is easier to clean than the foam w/vacuum, and can be wet cleaned as well. At first I thought I would want the more plush flor tiles, so I ordered those samples from the Flor website. I also ordered some of the more berber (flat, like toy poodle that has been recommended on this board). I didn't like the feel of the more plush carpet (modern mix, walking on clouds). And I read a review of the Flor tiles at Target (which feel like the modern mix to me) that said they attracted lint, took forever to dry, etc.

And I think toys with wheels will work better on a flatter surface, like the toy poodle, or similar patterns I have seen at Lowes. However I am worried that it will not be a good surface if kids fall on it, if it is just over tile. Wondering if I should put the flor tile ON TOP OF the foam?

Anyway, if anyone has particular flor patterns that they like, I'd like to know. As for toy poodle, the flor catalog says not to use light colors in high traffic areas, so I don't know if that is the answer either.
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007

nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thumbs up Cars design

Got the Cars design--which has a berber style alternating with a short pile carpet. Put it on top of ceramic tile. I don't miss the foam at all. Perfect.
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007