Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default something like Discovery Toys Benders and Builders?

Hello, my DS apparently LOVES these at school. So I went out searching and found that they are a long discontinued item from Discovery Toys. Does anyone know of something similar that I could substitute? Otherwise, I will be buying on ebay where they seem to be selling at a premium- makes you wonder, why would they discontinue such a popular toy?

Thanks for your help!

Courtney

shameless bump for the AM crowd- I'm desperate! THANKS!

Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

There are some on eBay.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

One of the school supply catalogs has something similar to what you are looking for, but I can't remember which one. They do exist though. Sorry, not much help, but if you look around some of the school supply catalogs online you might come across it.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I saw something similar in Learning express.

Zoob:

http://www.infinitoy.com/

They looked pretty cool and you could move the creations, which is nice. In the end I stuck to Lego since that's what ds loves.

Kris

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter
    I saw something similar in Learning express.

Zoob:

http://www.infinitoy.com/

They looked pretty cool and you could move the creations, which is nice. In the end I stuck to Lego since that's what ds loves.

Kris
    I detest our zoob. They are not as moveable as they look. My kids have broken several of the pieces w/o even being that rough with it. I would recommend zoob for older kids. They are also kind of difficult to put together. They do have a set for younger kids, but my kids only wanted something with wheels, so we let them try out the set with wheels and we just feel the quality is not that great. In fact that reminds me that I need to call and complain to the company. My kids love k'nex though, the preschool ones and their legos.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Good to know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty
    I detest our zoob. They are not as moveable as they look. My kids have broken several of the pieces w/o even being that rough with it. I would recommend zoob for older kids. They are also kind of difficult to put together. They do have a set for younger kids, but my kids only wanted something with wheels, so we let them try out the set with wheels and we just feel the quality is not that great. In fact that reminds me that I need to call and complain to the company. My kids love k'nex though, the preschool ones and their legos.

thanks for your input! I had asked some neighbors as well and one came up with Intrastar- a very similar product tht I was able to track down on line.

I figured I'd post in case anyone else was interested!

Everybody's kids are different -- DD and her best friend H have been playing with Zoob since they were new 3s (18 months now) and love it. They haven't broken any. The only downside is that they want adult help to make specific things.

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Interesting about the Zoobs - my two older boys LOVE them and have been playing w/ them for about two years. I have given them many times as a gift and they seem to have been well-received.
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast