MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Mini Muffin Pan Recipes/Ideas?

I'm excited to use my new mini muffin pan. I'm not the most creative cook, so I welcome any ideas/recipes/suggestions as for how to use it. Any favorite recipes?

Please share! Thanks!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...cipe_id=521726
    I have made these ham and cheese mini frittatas from "Cooking Light" for a baby shower. They were great! I also subbed potato for the ham to make veggie frittatas.
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

I use mine to make Mini Brie/ Cranberry Tarts. Just use prepackaged pie crust, roll out, cut little circles and press into muffin tins. Bake at 425 for 5-7 minutes. Put cubes of brie and a tiny bit of cranberry sauce in the baked shells and bake again until bubbly - about 5 minutes...

I also do the same idea to make mini quiches - bake the pie crust in mini muffin tins, then add sauteed finely chopped mushrooms mixed with some egg/ heavy cream/ seasonings (thyme, salt & pepper) and bake again until set - about 15 minutes.

Peanut Butter cups are really easy to do in mini muffin tins, just line with papers, microwave milk chocolate chips and put teaspoon sized amounts in bottom of papers. Mix together 1 cup peanut butter and 1/4 cup powdered sugar - add to paper cups, top with more chocolate. Chill.

Erin
    DS 8/05
    DD 1/08
    DS 3/11

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by etaylor75
    I use mine to make Mini Brie/ Cranberry Tarts. Just use prepackaged pie crust, roll out, cut little circles and press into muffin tins. Bake at 425 for 5-7 minutes. Put cubes of brie and a tiny bit of cranberry sauce in the baked shells and bake again until bubbly - about 5 minutes...
    I do something similar, but I use the mini phyllo cups (I think they are in the frozen dessert/pie crust section). Put them in the mini muffin pan, cut a small piece of brie and top with a little bit of raspberry preserves. I think you bake at 350 for about 7-10 minutes.

I also love this recipe from Paula Deen. I just buy prepared bruschetta from the grocery store (Costco's is really good)- saves a lot of time. I also leave out the bacon. These are delicious!!

Ingredients
    3/4 cup finely diced tomatoes
    2 teaspoons finely diced onions
    1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil leaves
    1/2 teaspoon The Lady's House Seasoning, recipe follows
    1 package mini phyllo shells
    1/2 cup packed shredded mozzarella
    1/4 cup mayonnaise
    4 tablespoons real bacon pieces, or more as needed (recommended: Hormel Real Bacon pieces)
    Directions
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Place the diced tomatoes in a colander. Sprinkle with the onions, basil, and House Seasoning, and toss to coat. Allow to drain, stirring occasionally. Fill each phyllo shell with a scant tablespoon of the tomato mixture. Stir together the mozzarella and mayonnaise. Frost the top of each shell with a scant tablespoon of the mozzarella mixture. Sprinkle each shell with 1/4 teaspoon of bacon pieces. Bake the filled shells for 10 to 12 minutes. Serve hot. These may be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until serving time.

House Seasoning:

1 cup salt

1/4 cup black pepper

1/4 cup garlic powder

Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.