DD turned 1 on the 12th and decided that she hated sleeping. She used to go down for 2 great naps -- both were usually 1 1/2 hours at least -- and then sleep through the night 11 or so hours.

Lately, though, she's only taking 40 minute naps (if I'm lucky!) and is cranky from lack of sleep. This is totally throwing me off her usual schedule because I see she's tired and try to put her down, even though it's not officially "nap time" and then don't feel comfortable letting her cry because it's not her nap time.

At night, even, we hear her waking up a lot -- she turns on the mobile music 3-4 times throughout the night, meaning she's awake. She's not crying then, so that's good, but she is definitely waking earlier (this a.m. it was 5:30. I gave her some milk and she slept in our bed until 8:00).

What is going on? Is it daylight savings time? Is she too in tune with what's going on out in the other rooms now? She completely weaned around the time this started...could that have something to do with it? I would think yes, except she seemed to emotionally wean easily and absolutely LOVES cow's milk (to the point where I'm also having a hard time giving her other food because she's filling herself up on that).

Please help! I miss my good sleeper!