Default hooray for the Pikkolo

So far, we really like it! DD is a big girl for 6 months so my other buckle carrier was starting to really hurt my back, and I just can't deal with the Hotsling with a baby this big. We've tried the Pikkolo with DD front facing out and front facing in. Facing in is definitely more comfortable for us so far, but I may have to fool with the strap adjustments to get a better fit for facing out. We were in the bookstore today and she was pretty tired and cranky - normally we wouldn't have made it too long at all but facing in with the carrier I think she was comfortable enough to make it longer in the store and relax in the Pikkolo. She fell asleep almost as soon as she hit the carseat I love the fact that there is waist support, and the carrier is so pretty. The fact that I can wear the wais support by my natural waist or higher is good as I have a lower back injury from DD's birth, so something with hip support would not be as good for me. Folds up to fit in my big diaper bag too. I am so relieved - I was nervous to spend the $$$ and DH was somewhat incredulous that it cost that much, but I told him it would be worth it. I think I might have been right!
    Mama to DD 10/07 and DS 8/09

q1498 is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Cool! What color did you get and where did you get it from? I am eyeing it in Somerset but it is sold out a lot of places...

How are the chest straps? Can you explain them or take a picture of them?

Got the Appletini online for 129 - tho I really like the Somerset too!

Chest straps are comfortable. Not sure that I have adjusted them just right yet as they stick out a little further than Id like but with more fiddling I should be able to get it.

This pick from the manufacturer's site is a good representation:

http://catbirdbaby.com/shop/item_21/...ni-pikkolo.htm
    Mama to DD 10/07 and DS 8/09

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Love it!

I ordered one on your rec, and am loving it so far. I got the somerset pattern and it is really pretty. The only problem that I have is that the black straps pick up cat hair from my white cat. Ack, but more my problem than anything wrong with the carrier....

Yep, the pikkolo is fabulous, and you can use it so much longer than the Bjorn! FFO is almost always less comfy than facing in because it's less natural for your body, but some babies just love to be carried that way, so you deal.

Happy babywearing!
    Laurel
    Owner, Carry Me Away
    Mama to Jack, 5 and Maddy, 3

i love love love my pikkolo! i got the spa pattern because the somerset is gone (apparently, there was a mistake when cutting the pattern and the print is discontinued so there's no way they're ever making it again. boo!). i got it at mothering tao for $115 plus $3 for shipping.

daughter's loving it too... she likes to nap in it =) but she prefers to face out when she's wide awake so she can smile at everyone we pass by.