Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The thing that sold me - and several posters have mentioned this but not spelled it out in safety terms - is the room between the back of the car and the third seat. There is much more "crumple zone" with the Ody.
    Nancy
    DD Cara Flynn 10-25-05
    DD Lilah Jane 10-25-10 (How about that?)

We have a Pilot and I absolutely love it. However, now that we are trying to adopt, I'm wondering if it's possible to have two rearfacing Marathons along with a booster in the second row. I don't want to use the third row because that will eat up all of my "trunk" space.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Odyssey. You will have to get over your minivan hang up. You'll realize how foolish you were once you get your odyssey and LOVE it, lol. FWIW, I had a friend who got a pilot, even though I mentioned to her that an odyssey would probably be better. She refused to listen, she had minivan hang up big time. Then she saw my odyssey and regretted her pilot purchase (this is after she had her pilot for a month!). 2.5 yrs later, she traded in pilot for an odyssey. That's what happens when you have a minivan hang up, you learn your lesson the hard way, lol.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

* Candy- How is Ethan??

--I have a Grand Cherokee, which I got one month before getting pregnant- in hindsight, I wish I had gotten a minivan. Even with one child, I would love the space and extra seating.

The Odyssey gets the same gas mileage as my GC, but it has TONS more room for my shopping bags...which might not be a good thing.

kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks for chiming in, everyone! We are also going to be buying one of the two above vehicles in the next week or so, and I really have gained some valuable insight into our decision. Great thread.
    Kelli
    Mom to 5 amazing kids (5 to 17 years)
    Mom of a cleft lip & palate warrior

Default Odyssey is awesome

The auto sliding doors and large space in trunk area even with the 3rd row being used are nice features. Being low to the ground is a definitely plus for younger children.

The gas mileage is worse than advertised, however (20/28 was the claim we got ours and we generally get 18/25).

Our other car is a 10 yr-old Civic and I can sing its praises all day too.
    Jen

We went to look at cars at the Honda dealership yesterday. The Pilot is redesigned for 2009 and we were told they should be out in June.

I wish the Ody had an option for the DVD system and fabric seats.
    Michelle I

DS 1 - 7
    DS 2 - 5
    DD - 1

Quote Originally Posted by mmaimp
    I wish the Ody had an option for the DVD system and fabric seats.
    I have one.

In 2004 they had a limited run of EXs w/fabric seats with the entertainment system for an AWESOME lease price under $300 with no money down for 2 yrs. We renewed our lease 2 yrs and I just bought it out this week. I miss driving a small car, but we just couldn't justify giving up he features of this van since a new Ody w/DVD (and leather) would cost so much. If you don't mind used you may be able to find this setup out there..... Like you, I can't fathom why this isn't offered. I really do NOT like leather seats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2