shaee is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default Graco Sweet peace! Should i go for it?

There was a thread about this recently as well but i am so confused.. i just had to ask again!

Should i go for this swing? I was pretty decided on the FP Rainforest one but after reading some good reviews i went to target to have a look in person. I am totally sold on it.

Baby hasnt arrived yet but i want to have it from day 1. So should i buy this? I have also heard people complain abt "clicking noise" in the motor. But then again alot of swings have this problem...

Any suggestions?

Editted: OPSS! posted it in the wrong area!
    Due 06/06/08

We just received this at our baby shower on Sunday. It looks awesome, I hope it is as great as it looks. I have not even removed it from the box yet but I am hoping our little girl enjoys it. Guess I will find out when she arrives. I am curious as well what others think about it who have tried it out.

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We got it the day it came out. By accident. Just happened to be in the store that day. It was so cool, we ended up buying it. Never got around to returning it even tho we were debating whether it was worth the cost.

It's ok. DS doesn't love it, but he never liked any swing for that long. It's just him, I think as every baby is going to be different.

There are two things we like about the Sweetpeace, but only 1 is likely critical to anyone else. We love the iPod connector. It's cool to use your own music. You can make an mp3 of your own voice singing or just have many more choices than the songs that come with the thing. Plus, it gets LOUD. We were also considering getting a speaker set that an iPod plugs into, but are just using this instead of spending another $100 on it.

Finally, the best thing about the Sweetpeace. It can be powered via an ac adaptor. It's not solely battery powered. Most swings are just powered by battery. That can get annoying if you use it a lot.

All the other stuff (multiple positions, able to use a SnugRide instead of the included seat, etc) are nice, but we haven't found it all that important. All those features are some of the reasons we bought the thing, but just haven't found them to be much actual use.

Hahaha, yeah, there's something weird about that thing. We just had to have it. No idea why. We looked at the regular swings too but didn't get even a tiny urge to buy any of them. But for some reason, the SweetPeace was just calling to us.

One thing I forgot to mention is that it raises baby up so she's a nice height to play/feed when you're sitting in a chair. If you don't have a high chair yet, it can serve as such until you buy one.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by shaee
    The swing arrived today and i love it! The baby hasnt arrived yet so i am not she how well he will like it but its awesome otherwise.

So far i didnt notice any issue with sound control. The clicking noise that people complain about isnt there too... i guess once the baby weight comes in, that will be tested!

So far i am happy!
    I've posted before but I thought I'd add that we have 2 and the motor noise is there but it's not nearly as loud as on the 3 other swings we have. The sweetpeace is the quietest of all our swings. And though some pp didn't use the different positions of the swings or the seats, I've loved them. I've just gotten so much use out of these swings and different settings (which have been convenient as the babies have grown and changed preferences). Hope you love them as much.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

We don't have any clicking noise. Yeah, there's motor noise, but every other swing I've seen has motor noise too. Just comes with the territory I suppose. Luckily, the louder the music, the calmer our baby gets so we can't even hear the motor most of the time.