Default Do You Own A Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker?

I'm in the market for a new slow cooker and have read rave reviews on the HB Programmable with Temperature Probe. However, on the Target website, there are A LOT of reviews saying it stopped working after only a few uses. Several said it stopped in the middle of cooking and they came home to raw food that was spoiled. This is the model I'm considering, but see reviews at bottom of page. http://www.target.com/Hamilton-Beach...ew=custReviews Seems like about half of the reviews are bad.

Just wondered if anyone here has had this problem. In a search of previous threads, it seems that some of you here have this model and really like it.

Please let me know if you have had any problems.

Thanks

spunkybaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have that crockpot and like it. I haven't had any problems so far, but I will say that those reviews are why I bought mine at the local Target...so that if problems do occur, I can easily return it.
    Mom to two spunky kids

ltmommy is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I have it too, and it has worked so far (crossing fingers). I have used it maybe 8 - 10 times over the last 6 months.

One thing I will say, I am sort of regretting getting such a big crockpot, because now I discover most recipes are more for the 4 qt pot. Mine is huge, so I put everything in and it is usually only about 1/4 full. Food tastes ok, though, not dried out or anything, so I guess it is ok, but I didn't realize just how big it would be.

But it is nice that you can set it to cook for a certain amount of time, and then it will switch to keep warm.
    Leslie
    DD 7.04
    DS 4.07