Default How many people will a whole Costco pizza feed?

Trying to do some calculations for a party next Friday. I think the Costco pizzas are 18" round. Can I count on one pizza feeding 4-5 people? Or more like 5-6? There will be both adults and kids there.

Thanks!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Is that a standard size large pizza? I count on 3 slices per adult and 1 or 2 per kid, knowing that there might be some that eat more and some that eat less.

our costco also sells cooked pizzas by the slice-1 is about all DH or I can eat (well that plus a little something). I think there are 6 or 8 slices per pizza. I think you could count on 1 of them feeding 5 people at least (esp if you have other food too).
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

I'm wondering the same thing...I'm going to do pizza for DS's bday lunch tomorrow. We're going to have 5 or 6 adults and 4-5 toddlers (with hot dogs for the toddlers as well. They slice those pizzas into HUGE slices, and I think there are only 6 or 8 slices per pizza. I'm probably going to get 2 to be on the safe side. Leftover pizza is not really a terrible thing!
    Last edited by tylersmama; 05-30-2008 at 09:56 PM.
    Gaye
    Single mama to Tyler (5/06), RN, triathlete.

The large pizzas around here are generally cut into 10 slices (although they may be 16" instead of 18"?) DH eats 3 slices, I eat 2, DD eats 1/2 or less. It can feed us for lunch the next day if DH snacks on something else too, so let's say that's 4 adults & 2 children worth of pizza, since I'm assuming you'll have other food besides pizza (veggie tray, chips or similar).

One tip I found for parties is to have them cut it they way they would cut a sheet pizza (in smaller 2-3" squares). This way the kids (and adults!) tend to waste a lot less, it's easier to handle - especially if not everyone has a place to sit to eat - and if you have a few different topping options people can have a variety.

Oh, also, if you call the pizza place they will tell you how many people a pie can serve. At least, the good ones will.

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You can also ask Costco to cut it with more, smaller slices!!!! It'll be better for the kids anyways.. less waste!

I think their pizzas are pretty big... one or 2 slices and I would be pretty full!

So, the verdict is one pizza would have been more than enough. I had 5 adults and 5 toddlers, and two pizzas. I ended up with more than one full pizza left over.

They did cut it into smaller pieces, probably at least 12 or more slices.

I'm going to be eating pizza every meal for the next week!
    Gaye
    Single mama to Tyler (5/06), RN, triathlete.

Thanks, everyone! It's not a traditional birthday party, but rather a mom's club event of sorts. I'm not planning to serve anything other than pizza and drinks, since it's supposed to be very informal and low-key. So far I have 14 adults and 16 kids (mostly toddlers) RSVP'ed.

Do you think 5 pizzas will be sufficient? It never occurred to me to have Costco cut the pizzas into smaller slices -- that's an awesome idea!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009