Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default tightening shoulder straps in a maclaren

I am sure this is easy but I am just not figuring it out. I pulled the buckle on the shoulder staps and they are still not tight enough. There is no more room to move the buckle. What do I have to do to tighten the shoulder straps enough so my son does not fall out? It is a 2008 volo. Thanks

lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've never had a problem tighting my straps on the Mac Quest. I did move the harness straps to the lowest holes on the stroller. DS was about 7 mts. when I started using the Mac.

Thanks for your reply. My straps are in the lowest hole too. I have a 14 month old and the straps are just not tight enough. I may have to bring it back to the store and check out the model in the store. Thanks again!

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I had the same issue with them.... but i think i read somewhere that straps on a mac are "floating" straps.... enough to hold them in AND give the freedom for movement? Even though they are really loose, never had a problem with my 8 month old or 2.5 year old falling out. Maybe someone else is more familiar with why the straps are loose???

MNmomtobe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey0709
    I had the same issue with them.... but i think i read somewhere that straps on a mac are "floating" straps.... enough to hold them in AND give the freedom for movement? Even though they are really loose, never had a problem with my 8 month old or 2.5 year old falling out. Maybe someone else is more familiar with why the straps are loose???
    The only floating harness that I know of are on the Peg Peregos.

To the OP: tough to explain how to tighten but I lift up a bit on the plastic harness adjuster then pull the strap down to tighten (I pull on the part of the strap that lies against the seat - not the one that faces the outside of the seat- if that makes any sense). You can also try adjusting the waist straps (the 3 point part of the harness).
    Maybe try moving the straps to the next highest holes? Maybe that would take up part of the slack in the straps.

Unhappy maclaren straps

I'm having the same problem with the Maclaren Volo. I've tried the straps in both the lowest and the middle slots and it is too loose in both of them. The instructions say that the harness and lap belts should be snug fitting. I keep thinking I must be missing something, but neither my husband or myself have been able to figure out a way to make the straps shorter. We are very frustrated as we did not keep the box and can not return the stroller. Grrr!

Thanks everyone for your replies. I tried to tighten the staps once again and they are still loose. I am going to bring it back to the store next week to see if anything can be done.

dsb22 is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I have a Maclaren XT and also struggled with the shoulder straps for a while. I was finally able to figure out how to get them tight enough for my daughter, who is at the very bottom of the charts, so I'm 99% sure it is possible to get them adjusted for your son. I unfortunately can't explain exactly what I did...for a while it seemed like I was making them looser instead of tighter. It definitely wasn't as easy as just pulling on a strap. I hope the store is/was able to help you out. If you haven't gone yet, post back and I'll go get the stroller out of the car so I can better explain what I did.

dsb22 - I would love to know more about what you did if you can figure it out.

I have not made it back to the store yet. I did email Maclaren and they told me to try adjusting the waist staps. I tried that and it did not work. I will post back when I take it back into the store. I feel like an idiot for not being able to figure this out :-) Thanks again for your suggestion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast