Default Traveling w/Volo vs. cheap umbrella

We are planning a family trip to visit Mickey & Co. in Orlando. We will be flying with 4 kids and 4 adults. We have 2 Mac Volos that I was originally planning to bring to get my 2 kids through the airports and around the parks, but it seems like I hear about a lot of cases of Volos (and strollers in general) getting ruined by baggage handling. Would we be better off leaving the Volos at home and picking up a pair of $10 umbrella strollers from Wal-Mart? If so, are there any cheap (like under $25) strollers that are any better than others? Or, can anyone suggest a better alternative (I am VERY open to suggestions at this point as the logistics of this trip are beginning to feel a bit daunting). TIA...

lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would bring the Mac. How old are the kids. I took my Mac Quest to Florida with no problems. I hate those cheapy strollers. For me being tall I could never use one of the cheap strollers. There just to short. I don't think after using a Mac you can use a cheap stroller. I like the recline of the Quest and couldn't be without it in Disney.

True story from one Dad to me, another. He and his DW took their 3 1/2 year old DD to Disney World last November. What happened the one time they did not rent a stroller at the park? Their stroller got stolen when they were inside watching a show. Seems that it was similar looking to one another family mistakenly took. My buddy tells me that for around $10 a day a stroller can be rented at Disney World. It's distinguishable from other rentals by either the rental unit number or the name tag that the renter can fill out. For my own piece of mind he suggested I leave my nice travel stroller in the rental car or hotel, and simply rent a stroller at Disney. Anyone agree with the advice? Do any of you worry that your nice, expensive stroller will get stolen or damaged during a Disney trip?
    DS :: born 10.07

stella is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

After using macs and other nice strollers for the past 7 years, I could never go back. Especially not at WDW where there will be so much walking/strolling. I have traveled with my mac many times and it has never been damaged - I always gate-check it, though, so it doesn't go through the full baggage-handling system.

mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would also agree that you should bring your macs. I have travelled many, many times with my mac Quest over the past 3 years. I've always gate checked it without any type of travel bag and have never had it damaged by the baggage handlers. This includes several international flights, some with connections.
    I have never been to WDW, but we have season passes to our local amusement park. We go all the time and have never had a problem with a stroller being stolen. We usually bring our Quest.
    I can't imagine using one of the cheap umbrella strollers for such a big trip. I think you will miss all the conveniences of your macs.
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6