Default 2007 Pliko P3 vs. 2008 model?

I've learned tons already from this forum regarding strollers and we've settled on the P3 - yay! The 2007 can be found for almost 50% off in colors I can live with and prices DH can live with. Win-win!

My questions for the experts: what are the differences between the 2007 and 2008 models? Is it true that you cannot fully remove the upholstery in the 2007? Also, will the 2008 SIP Peg car seat fit a 2007 model stroller?

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by christigpa; 05-28-2008 at 09:32 PM.

Check out this thread, I think you'll find the answers you are looking for, but basically, there are no material differences between the two, and the 2008 car seats fits either model stroller.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin...=292093&page=3

I think the only dif. I saw was in the tray - one cup holder vs. two but I may be wrong. Where are you getting one? I'm considering one as well. Saw them at BabiesRUs for 269.

Question

Lana - my local BRU only carries the mocha 2008 model. Not the color I'd prefer. If I can make my decision we'll order a 2007 from from Albee (free s&h for purchases over $100) or Babyride. Both have 2007 matching strollers and car seats.

eggnova - thanks for the link. I had seen it before but couldn't find it when I needed it (of course!). but now.....

I'm thinking of the Zippy because:
    1) Zippy has padded harness that accommodates infants comfortably
    2) Zippy has full recline (really, how often is this used?)
    3) is it true "parents who bought the stroller for their infant: the spendy Primo Viaggo carrier does not buckle in without the base" . Undoing the base each time we want to put baby in the stroller seems like a PITA.

Would love to hear IRL responses to the above three points/questions. Thanks everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by christigpa
    3) is it true "parents who bought the stroller for their infant: the spendy Primo Viaggo carrier does not buckle in without the base" . Undoing the base each time we want to put baby in the stroller seems like a PITA.

Would love to hear IRL responses to the above three points/questions. Thanks everyone!!
    Interesting... I wonder where that idea came from. The carrier definitely snaps right into my P3 without the base. That would be ridiculous to have to remove the base everytime! In fact, one of the selling points of the seat, for me at least, is the ability to safely use the seat without the base, in a taxi, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by christigpa
    2) Zippy has full recline (really, how often is this used?)
    I have a 2006 P3. The recline is not 180 degrees but IMO it reclines enough for my kids. I recline the seat all the way when I need to put the kids in after they fall asleep. The other time it's useful is when I'm out in public but the bathrooms have either no changing table or the bathrooms are pretty filthy. Then I just change their diapers in the stroller.
    - K

DD '05, DS '07

Quote Originally Posted by Lana_G
    I think the only dif. I saw was in the tray - one cup holder vs. two but I may be wrong. Where are you getting one? I'm considering one as well. Saw them at BabiesRUs for 269.
    I ended up ordering one through Albeebaby in crystal blue - its navy with white squares. generic enough for a girl or boy. Only 179 for the stroller (2008 are 339 at BRU). GL! The matching carseat I ordered through TipToeTurtle for 219 (249). All in all we saved a tidy sum.

Quote Originally Posted by eggnova
    Interesting... I wonder where that idea came from. The carrier definitely snaps right into my P3 without the base. That would be ridiculous to have to remove the base everytime! In fact, one of the selling points of the seat, for me at least, is the ability to safely use the seat without the base, in a taxi, for example.
    I called Peg Perego and the customer service person assured me that this was NOT the case; that they have little latchy thingies that the car seat clips into. Whew!

Quote Originally Posted by fattytuna
    I have a 2006 P3. The recline is not 180 degrees but IMO it reclines enough for my kids. I recline the seat all the way when I need to put the kids in after they fall asleep. The other time it's useful is when I'm out in public but the bathrooms have either no changing table or the bathrooms are pretty filthy. Then I just change their diapers in the stroller.
    Thanks for your feedback - I think the recline is 145 degrees which we decided is just fine for us and baby.
    Christine, mother to Ethan 11/1/08 and baby Moose due 1/25

Wink

Just an FYI... I just got a 2007 from Albeebaby.com for 159.00 (shipping included) It's a great deal! and... bonus to me, fabric choice that I love!

I too just wanted to say thanks for this conversation! I came on here to post the exact same question and have learned LOTS of information from the link posted above!

- Holly
    DD 12/07