Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Do you believe in Past Lives?

I had my Birth Chart done by a friend of mine and she
    mentioned my past lives.

I haven't really given much thought to that idea.

But then I saw previews for an Oprah show and Dr. Oz
    was talking about past lives.

Not sure what to think.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

wendmatt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

oh yes, I'm sure I lived in Venice! It all seems very familiar and I've never been there, it could just be the silly romance books I used to read though! I do believe though.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Nope. I believe in some paranormal/otherworldly stuff but that's not one of them. One chance, that's all we get. but that's just me.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

No, I don't. I pretty much always answer heck no on all of Fairy's paranormal quizzes.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

No I don't. I guess then I also don't believe in reincarnation.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Nope.

(I do believe I'll have a future life that's far better than this one tho. )
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

I'm agnostic on this, as on many of these metaphysical questions, but would like to point out that a good fraction of the world's population *does* believe in reincarnation.

I remember something that gave me pause. I took a car ride around Gettysburg with a little boy (~2ish, wasn't talking a whole lot yet) and his parents. All adults were scientists and rationalists. We were passing a field that no-one had mentioned was a battlefield, just a corn field, and he said something that stopped all conversation in the car:
    "When I was a horse soldier, I rode in that field. I fell just there and never saw my family again."

His parents and I talked about his statement later that night - they had no idea where he could have come on that idea. I think of this every time someone brings up past lives, and wonder if it was a bright child's imagination.
    Last edited by ThreeofUs; 06-28-2008 at 08:52 AM.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

I want to believe it, but I don't. I guess I have never been one to put much proof in things that can not be 100 % proven.

Ann

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeofUs
    I'm agnostic on this, as on many of these metaphysical questions, but would like to point out that a good fraction of the world's population *does* believe in reincarnation.

I remember something that gave me pause. I took a car ride around Gettysburg with a little boy (~2ish, wasn't talking a whole lot yet) and his parents. All adults were scientists and rationalists. We were passing a field that no-one had mentioned was a battlefield, just a corn field, and he said something that stopped all conversation in the car:
    "When I was a horse soldier, I rode in that field. I fell just there and never saw my family again."

His parents and I talked about his statement later that night - they had no idea where he could have come on that idea. I think of this every time someone brings up past lives, and wonder if it was a bright child's imagination.
    That gives me chills!

Ann