Thread: Double Stroller

Default Double Stroller

I am presently looking for an SBS Double stroller. I was pretty sure I wanted one that had an infant seat adapter, but wasn't very happy with the options.
    While at the store I fell in love with the Baby Jogger city series (classic & elite) and would like to know if anyone knows how safe it is for a newborn. I've heard joggers are not meant for babies with poor head support, but this is marketed as a stroller. Should I specifically buy a double that will accommodate for an infant seat or can I put the baby right in?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have the Elite Double, and I used the Kiddopotamus Snuzzler in the fully reclined seat for my newborn. It was perfect in SO many ways.

You shouldn't be jogging with that stroller or with an infant, but we did a lot of walking with DC happily reclined and "coccooned" under those great canopies. This month, I'm currently appreciating the extended foot rests on the Elite. A very nice touch

BTW, both DC outgrew their infant seat by 5 or so months, and we didn't want to make a "forever" stroller decision on something so temporary.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

You can definitely use the BJCSD with a newborn, just not for jogging (and the stroller isn't designed for jogging anyway -- no handbrake).
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Smile Thank you

Your input was very helpful. Knowing that the newborn will be safe in it without the infant seat has definitely made this decision easier.