Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    LexyLou is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Wow, Julie. What got you into car seat safety? It's good to know I'm not a total loser mom for making this mistake! LOL.
    Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LexyLou
    For what it's worth, I wasn't planning on turning her FF right at one but I was thinking about 18 months, because she is so not happy RFing but I'm going to try to keep her RFing until 2.
    Is she RF in the MA now, or still in the infant seat? You might be surprised -- she might like RF in a bigger seat! That's how it was with my son. It made a world of difference! Plus, with the MA, you can install it more upright for older babies, instead of the 45 degrees needed for infant seats. That made a huge difference, too. He's still a happy camper at 2.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl
    Is she RF in the MA now, or still in the infant seat? You might be surprised -- she might like RF in a bigger seat! That's how it was with my son. It made a world of difference! Plus, with the MA, you can install it more upright for older babies, instead of the 45 degrees needed for infant seats. That made a huge difference, too. He's still a happy camper at 2.

My DD#1 didn't stay RFg b/c she screamed blue murder EVERY.SINGLE.CAR.RIDE -- so much so that it triggered asthma attacks. So, we turned her FFg at 13m, WAAAAAY too early.

DD#2 hated H.A.T.E.D. her SnugRide (so did DD#1 BTW), but was much better in the MA. She is happily RFg at nearly 18m in her MA. She really likes being able to see her big sis. Our plan at this point is to keep her RFg to the limits of her MA.

I'd keep the MA for your DD#2. Maybe get another GN so that you have 2 MA's for your DD#2 and 2 GNs for your DD#1.

HTH
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by LexyLou
    Wow, Julie. What got you into car seat safety? It's good to know I'm not a total loser mom for making this mistake! LOL.
    I think watching my almost-2 yo leaning *completely* sideways during a nap in that booster made me realize the error of my ways... Then I got her a Marathon.. http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

That's pretty cool that your kids were ok with going from being in a booster to being rear facing. Were they resistent at first?

How is your 4 year old still rear facing? She must be tiny. My almost 3 year old is 34 lbs!
    Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

My kids have been bean poles... well, the first two have! The third one is a fair bit bigger... http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/Leah.aspx (oh, haha, that's the link in my siggy!... she's almost 2.5 now but still fits about the same, I think maybe 27 pounds?). (DD1's now in a booster.. http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/ClekOllis)
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2
    I think watching my almost-2 yo leaning *completely* sideways during a nap in that booster made me realize the error of my ways... Then I got her a Marathon.. http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx
    Wow Julie Sarah is beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl
    That's a great idea. I can't believe I didn't think of that. My DD1 hated her infant seat and went in to the MA RF at 4 months and even though she still cried it wasn't nearly as bad as when she was in the infant seat.

I went outside and installed Sofia's MA but it seems so upright to me. We put it on the recline used LATCH and it's very tight...does it just seem so upright to me because I'm used to the ultra recline of the safeseat?

I took some pics. I have an 2004 Toyota 4Runner. What do you think?

Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Lexy is that reclined? It doesn't look like it.

I know! It is reclined. I checked it twice. I don't know why it seems so upright.
    Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast