Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Hmmm, can you recline the seatback of the seat its installed on and use the tether to help you get a better recline? That's pretty upright.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LexyLou
    I know! It is reclined. I checked it twice. I don't know why it seems so upright.
    How about trying to use a towel rolled or pool noodle. Mine seats back alot further even without the versa teether.

LexyLou is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have never been able to figure out how to teether the MA rear facing in the 4Runner. Is there a website that shows how to rear teether?

I'd try the towel thing but I'm nervous about doing stuff like that without a certified tech looking at it and there aren't that many around here.
    Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

I have never been able to figure out how to teether the MA rear facing in the 4Runner. Is there a website that shows how to rear teether?

I'd try the towel thing but I'm nervous about doing stuff like that without a certified tech looking at it and there aren't that many around here.
    You will be fine. You shoud try it. A folded a hand towell works great. I use one most Britax seats need them rear facing. Try it and then show more pics. You can than find a tech to check it in person. Go to Britaxusa for rear teether info. They have videos.

Ok, I found some rear teether info at: http://www.carseatsite.com/installing_your_car_seat.htm

As for the towel thing. Do I just place it under the base near the back of the seat?
    Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

Yes put the towel in the crack of the seat.

Ok, I found some rear teether info at: http://www.carseatsite.com/installing_your_car_seat.htm

As for the towel thing. Do I just place it under the base near the back of the seat?
    Look at the Britax site. I think the video is better.

ok, this website has a great video of rear facing installation of the marathon with a noodle. I'm going to go try with a rolled up towel...it's 11:20 pm and my husband wants to kill me for going back outside, but I'm off! I'll take pictures but it might be too dark. If so I'll take pictures tomorrow morning.

http://www.carseatsite.com/videos.ht...acing%20videos
    Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

Ok, I'm feeling so much better right now. I can't even thank you ladies enough right now.

The towel trick is awesome. It made such a huge difference and then rear tethering just gave it a little extra pull back.

I'm so happy and can't wait for her to get in her big girl seat tomorrow!

my tether with the d-ring (yes the floor is disgusting)

What a difference! Thank you thank you thank you!
    Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Sorry, I stepped away from the computer! But, yeah, the seat looks much better now.

BTW, love the denim cover. Its my fav Britax cover!!
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast