Default Suggestions for Nap/Rest Mat for Pre-School?

My 2 1/2 year old will be starting a Tuesday/Thursday School program in the fall and will need a nap mat. I picked up the Kindermat today at Wal-Mart, and it just seems so "plasticky." Do you all have any suggestions for an on-line retailer who makes mats or mat covers. I googled it and looked on Etsy and got lots of hits, but I wondered if there were some tried and true sellers I should look at first. Thanks!

bump-wondering the same thing

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We're not in pre-school yet, but I'll tell you what we did in Kindergarten when I was teaching. Everyone was encouraged to get the same kind - the Kindermat- because my assistant would wipe them down every so often, especially after a bug had been going around. They stacked neatly, which was really important since we had a smallish space. We allowed kids to keep a regular-sized towel from home in their backpacks to put on/under them, but the towels had to be washed on the weekends. The kids who slept, slept, and the ones who didn't looked at books quietly. No one EVER complained about being uncomfortable.

Sorry if I'm coming into this too late...
    We purchased a nap mat from www.croaktotes.com. They are custom made and a bit on the expensive side, but we were very happy with ours. Shipping was quick. That place was recommended to me. Previous to that, I thought I purchased one from www.Lilyskids.com, which was less expensive, but I was not as happy with it. If I recall correctly, I think the pillow wasn't removable & got kind of icky after washing it.

hth!
    Michele

A friend of mine purchased an adorable mat from inthisveryroom.com. They are pricey, but she says she loves that she can take the foam out of the covering and wash it easily. The patterns are great too.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.