mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Forget the Vaseline in his hair...now it's the poop I'm dealing with!

So not only have I opened the bottle of wine...I'm hooked up to a pure grain alcohol IV!!!!

DS was taking a lovely nap after his vaseline/crayon episodes....went up to get him...greeted with a diaperless, sleepsackless child with brown mittens (oh I mean poop encrusted hands)...poop on the carpet, on the crib rungs, on the mesh of the crib tent....

So getting the Vaseline out of his hair isn't a real concern at this point!!!

Oh, Beth, I'm sorry for your day, but now I'm laughing so hard I'm almost going into labor....
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

Ivy,

Stick around...the day isn't done yet...have taken a break from de-pooping the crib for dinner and am sending the kids for a long walk after dinner with DH (who's had a terrible day...one of his players on his hockey team was killed in a car accident over the weekend) but he's happy to have the kids to divert his attention and make him laugh...

I"m still not sure how I'll get all the poop out of the crib tent-which is a necessary thing for bedtime here-no way this guy has free reign to roam at night...he'd burn the place down!

Oh carp...DH got called down to the arena to deal with something...now what...hoping neighbor girl is around to take kids for an hour so I can clean the crib....again with more alcohol needed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh poor you! If I was closer I'd bring a case of wine and my rubber gloves
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

I am so sorry! Raising my glass to you. Hope tomorrow is better!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

AddiesMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

When I was in college someone got ticked off at her roommate and filled her hairbrush with vaseline. She tried everything and finally got it out of her hair with Dawn dish detergent.

I hope your day is going better!
    - Michelle

Addison 11/9/05

Go Red Sox!

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd
    So not only have I opened the bottle of wine...I'm hooked up to a pure grain alcohol IV!!!!
    I almost spit coffee all over the keyboard reading that!

I think you'd better just give up on the alchohol and spend a week at a spa at this point! And I'm so sorry about your DH's player.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10