Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thank you.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Thank you.

Man, if I believe in anything, it is the power of this message board. I just wanted to say thank you for all your p & pt over my stomach "lump." I was having trouble trying to include an update in the title of my op so I just thought I'd start a new one.

After my CT scan to figure out what the heck was causing this huge bulge, I found out i had an umbilical hernia. Well, I was referred to a general surgeon who was extremely helpful. As it turns out, I do have an umbilical hernia but it is only a centimeter wide and doesn't need to be repaired unless I want it repaired. It isn't causing any health problems or pain and isn't growing so I don't have to think about it now. So, when I asked him what the bulge is AROUND the tiny hernia he said, yeah, he'd noticed that. I told him I'd had twins last November and that it was my third pregnancy. He said, "well, that explains it. That bulging is overstretched stomach muscle from the last pregnancy. Sit ups should correct that." When I explained the bloating and pressure to a friend, she suggested that I try doing an elimination diet to see if I have a food intolerance or allergy. And sure enough! I took citrus,dairy, and high-fat foods out of my diet and when I tried introducing them back in I got the worst stomach pains. AND I became very bloated again. As long as I keep clear of those foods, my stomach feels fine and the lump goes down considerably. I don't think it's all dairy- just the ones with high fat content. Skim lattes don't seem to bother me . But ice cream, heavy cheeses and whole milk lattes just kill me.

So, it's a relief to know that I don't need another surgery. Anyway, thank you for all the p &pt. I really believe it made a difference. You guys are the best.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

MMEand1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Glad to hear that everything turned out great!

I'm so happy it turned out to be so simple. I could totally relate to the deathly cancer feelings you were having at the beginning. I guess you have an excuse to get out a bit and exercise- if you can find the time and energy!
    ~Shanamama

Mommy's girl- 10 years old!!
    Daddy's girl- turning 7!!
    monkey boy- 3 years old now!!

Wacky typos brought to you by autocorrect.

Glad to hear that it turned out to be nothing serious
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

So glad you got good news! I'd like to recommend that you try to find a Physical Therapist who specializes in post-partum exercise. After 3 pregnancies, one of them being with twins, I think it may take more than just sit ups to help you. Esp. since you have a noticeable "lump", I'd definitely recommend it. Many people aren't aware of this aspect of PT, but I have a friend who had severe back pain during and after her pregnancy and PT helped her tremendously. If you can find a center that specializes in Women's Health, they should be able to help you.

Again, so relieved for you.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Yeah! Glad to hear it. Lactose intolerance causes bloating. There are many soy options that taste good. Glad to hear your news though!
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Yeah! Glad to hear it. Lactose intolerance causes bloating. There are many soy options that taste good. Glad to hear your news though!
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Quote Originally Posted by randomkid
    So glad you got good news! I'd like to recommend that you try to find a Physical Therapist who specializes in post-partum exercise. After 3 pregnancies, one of them being with twins, I think it may take more than just sit ups to help you. Esp. since you have a noticeable "lump", I'd definitely recommend it. Many people aren't aware of this aspect of PT, but I have a friend who had severe back pain during and after her pregnancy and PT helped her tremendously. If you can find a center that specializes in Women's Health, they should be able to help you.

Again, so relieved for you.
    That's a good idea! I should do it after this baby's born b/c I always looked 5 months preg after the birth of DS at my prepreg weight.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Good news!
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

so happy to hear that you are doing better and it is not serious.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast