Man, if I believe in anything, it is the power of this message board. I just wanted to say thank you for all your p & pt over my stomach "lump." I was having trouble trying to include an update in the title of my op so I just thought I'd start a new one.

After my CT scan to figure out what the heck was causing this huge bulge, I found out i had an umbilical hernia. Well, I was referred to a general surgeon who was extremely helpful. As it turns out, I do have an umbilical hernia but it is only a centimeter wide and doesn't need to be repaired unless I want it repaired. It isn't causing any health problems or pain and isn't growing so I don't have to think about it now. So, when I asked him what the bulge is AROUND the tiny hernia he said, yeah, he'd noticed that. I told him I'd had twins last November and that it was my third pregnancy. He said, "well, that explains it. That bulging is overstretched stomach muscle from the last pregnancy. Sit ups should correct that." When I explained the bloating and pressure to a friend, she suggested that I try doing an elimination diet to see if I have a food intolerance or allergy. And sure enough! I took citrus,dairy, and high-fat foods out of my diet and when I tried introducing them back in I got the worst stomach pains. AND I became very bloated again. As long as I keep clear of those foods, my stomach feels fine and the lump goes down considerably. I don't think it's all dairy- just the ones with high fat content. Skim lattes don't seem to bother me . But ice cream, heavy cheeses and whole milk lattes just kill me.

So, it's a relief to know that I don't need another surgery. Anyway, thank you for all the p &pt. I really believe it made a difference. You guys are the best.