LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default EWWW...boys are so gross!

Ugh...I am so disgusted right now, but my parents are asleep, and I can't call DH at 11:00PM to complain, so I'm going to whine here for a few minutes.

I decided to pack the kids up today and head to the beach again to visit my parents for a few days. My 18yo cousin is living with them this summer, working and having a good 'ol time (which is why I'm complaining here and not to him b/c he's out doing godknowswhat right now). I have to share a bathroom with him, which is NOT fun.

I grew up with four brothers, so I am completely aware of how disgusting boys can be. I used to tape rules to the bathroom mirror for my brothers to follow (which they never did). But to have to share a bathroom with my 18yo cousin (at 31) is just...ugh...

When I was here 2 weeks ago it was pretty gross. I kept forgetting to mention it to my mom b/c we were always running around or I was chasing after the kids. I could use the shower and sink, but I refused to use the toilet. So, I've avoided that bathroom all day and just went in to get ready for bed. OH MY GOD! I had to just turn around and leave. It's so nasty in there!!! I even mentioned it to my mom at the pool today (about my last visit) and she said she told him to clean the bathroom today. Obviously she didn't follow up on that! My parents bedroom is on the main level, so she never really goes upstairs. I know my dad changed the sheets for me, but I'm sure he never thought to check the bathroom out. My mom said earlier that she's not cleaning it up, which I don't blame her, but she at least needs to make sure he does. I don't think she has any clue how gross it is.

Okay, this has gotten way longer than I intended. Let's just say DS is going to know how to clean up after himself when he's a teenager. Ugh...

Off to use the tiny half bath to get ready for bed.

Boys-----EWWWW!!!!

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

I know. A friend of DH's still complains about the state of the bathroom when she visited them in college - she was girlfriend to DH's room mate, and now they're married, so I get to hear all the embarrassing college stories. I swear DS will know better.

girl, i HEAR ya. my brother was a nasty bathroom user as a teen! when we went to visit, it was yuucky.

i gotta admit, though. i would just clean it myself. i am compulsive like that, though. i could not stand to know it was that nasty. i think i would be snippy and tell the cousin to watch my kids while i cleaned the skanky bathroom!!!
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

Oh ick! My bachelor brother's bathrooms are incredibly filthy during the times he can't afford a cleaning girl... my ds was like 3 once when we went to his uncle's house and he talked about that filthy toilet for a year afterwards.
    My dh is a total neatnick, I hope he passes on that gene/skill to our boy (and girls, of course!)
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizajane
    i gotta admit, though. i would just clean it myself. i am compulsive like that, though. i could not stand to know it was that nasty. i think i would be snippy and tell the cousin to watch my kids while i cleaned the skanky bathroom!!!
    Part of me wants to clean it, but it really is so nasty, I just can't stomach it! I don't even like to clean up after DH! He has to do the toilet and I do the rest- Well, he has to start the toilet to get it to a level I can handle, and then I'll clean it! I might have to do that with Cousin. Have him give it a once over to get rid of all the nasties and then I'll go in and scour it. DH might be coming to join us this weekend after all, and I know he won't want to use my parents' bathroom. My brother has his own bathroom, but I can only imagine how that one looks, too! I think even DH would be grossed out by this particular bathroom- and that's saying a lot!