Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Teflon in indoor grills

Hi all,

I am looking to buy an indoor grill and was wondering if there are any grills out there made without a nonstick grilling surface (or Teflon coating). I have not found anything yet based on my preliminary search, but I thought I'd ask you ladies here.

I do not use Teflon at home, but I have been wanting an easy to use indoor grill for some time. Is my only option a Lodge grill pan with a grill press?

I know the research is inconclusive as far as Teflon, but I just try avoid it. Thanks so much for your help.
    Caribbeanmama (formerly Naty)
    DS Feb. 2003
    DS May 2005
    DD Sept. 2007

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I use a two burner cast iron (Lodge) grill pan (the one w/ a grill on one side and a smooth griddle surface on the opposite side). It had a bit of a learning curve for me initially, particularly the smooth side (for doing griddle items like pancakes). I really like it overall now though.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Thanks Beth! I saw this at Sur La Table just the other day and was tempted to buy it. Do you think this is a better choice than a round grill pan? Do you use a grill press? Can you tell me more about how you use (or your technique) the double burner grill side. Thanks so much.
    Caribbeanmama (formerly Naty)
    DS Feb. 2003
    DS May 2005
    DD Sept. 2007