Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Need Help Choosing Outfits for Pro Photos

I need some opinions on outfits I'm considering for Jason' 3 yr photos.

We do pro photos for his b-day (or 2 months later this year ), and for Christmas. The Christmas ones tend to be a little dressier, so I like to keep the b-day ones more casual. It seems like so far we have a lot of the same look- polos, button downs, khakis, etc. so I'm thinking about trying something a little different this year.

I know they usually tell you to do something plain, and I did get a plain blue polo to wear with khaki shorts just in case, but what do think about something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/lot-of-2-nwt-GYM...QQcmdZViewItem

or this
    http://cgi.ebay.com/lot-of-2-nwt-GYM...QQcmdZViewItem

We have both of those shirts, and I'd love to just use something we already have.

Also, he's SO into swimming this year- what do you think about doing one in just swim trunks? Is that too nutty? He has these ones: http://cgi.ebay.com/Gymboree-Summer-...QQcmdZViewItem

Not the shirt- just the trunks.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

spanannie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Personally, I'd stick with a white tee shirt and jeans or something like that. We don't usually do prints in professional photos, and I've never done a print on my son. My kids generally wear the same types of outfits in their photos each year, but I like the children to stand out, not the outfits. I think my daughter's worn a white dress in at least 3 shoots and my son's probably worn 3 variations of a white shirt and 2 of a blue shirt. I'm always very happy with the photos. Good luck!
    Annie ~
    Mom three Junebugs: 9, 7 and 3

I like pro photos that capture what the child is "into"...within reason. Can you get a plain bathing suit? I think it would be cute as long as the suit is not too busy

Thanks for the input guys. I can see where you're coming from. I'll definitely rule out the busy shirts, but I'm still thinking about the swimsuit ones. I think I'm going to try and see how it goes- we'll do the more basic ones too, just in case.

I found these on the kiddie kandids site- I can't link to them directly, but if you go here:

http://www.kiddiekandids.com/gallery...llery&number=0 Then go to backgrounds, then seasonal, the "Tropical Paradise" pics have a lot of swimsuit shots, and I think they look pretty cute.

I also found another cute idea- Jason's other big thing right now is music, and he carries his guitar with him everywhere. Picture People's site has a pic with a little boy with one. That might be fun. Too bad it looks so beat up already, but I could always get them to Photoshop it.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

lil_acorn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

honestly I think all those outfits are too busy. Youwill happy years from now when you have a classic photo in a plain regular shirt. Plus if you do a white shirt, it will look great as a black & white photo

I definitely can't do white. We usually do the white backgrounds at picture people. Plus, DS is really fair- white is not a good color for him. He'd look like Casper.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

We did a print shirt (Gymbo) for his 2 year and they're some of my favorite photos we have of DS. We do simple backgrounds in the photos - no beaches, flowers, etc.

Personally, I don't like the white shirt and jeans look because it's just not what my kids wear. We don't even own white shirts! I always put them in something that looks like them.

This year, DS wore a striped shirt because he loves stripes. DD wore a sundress with a flower print on it. She loves that dress. So, it'll always remind me of what they liked at 2 and 4 years.
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM
    We did a print shirt (Gymbo) for his 2 year and they're some of my favorite photos we have of DS. We do simple backgrounds in the photos - no beaches, flowers, etc.

Personally, I don't like the white shirt and jeans look because it's just not what my kids wear. We don't even own white shirts! I always put them in something that looks like them.

This year, DS wore a striped shirt because he loves stripes. DD wore a sundress with a flower print on it. She loves that dress. So, it'll always remind me of what they liked at 2 and 4 years.
    Thanks Kris- this was my thought behind wanting to do the swimsuit and/or guitar. I want to capture this moment in his life, you know? Really remember who he was at 3. We aren't formal people at all, and I do always get the more traditional look at Christmas, so I'm a little more adventurous at birthday time.
    Last edited by JTsMom; 07-23-2008 at 02:14 PM.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We try to do a favorite outfit or a special outfit gifted from the grandparents (encourages more!) against a solid background. I do have to say, though, that we did buy the fake beach scene from Portrait Innovations 2 mos. ago. BOTH kids looked great, and that can be a rare thing. I'd do the swimming trunks and a regular outfit and not limit yourself to just one pose.

I was thinking about trying Portrait Innovations this time-maybe I'll give them a whirl.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast