Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default What do I do? - package never came but status says "delivered" online

I ordered a white noise machine from Amazon a few weeks ago now.
    I had been checking the status online to track the package. Well I went back to look early last week and it said "delivered" but I never received it. I was home at the time the package supposedly arrived, walked outside shortly thereafter, so I think it just never came. I do not think someone stole it off my porch; I think that the post office lost it or delivered it to the wrong place or something.
    So what do I do?
    I have spoken to someone at my local post office branch (it was delivered USPS) and he said they are "looking into it". Should I contact Amazon? Does anyone know if there is some kind of delivery guarantee?
    DD
    DS

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Call Amazon Customer Service

1-866-216-107

I ordered "Baby Bargains" from Amazon for my cousin when she was expecting. Unknown to me, she moved while the package was delivered. The tracking information indicated the book was delivered, but my cousin never received it and it was not forwarded. Amazon credited my purchase and express delivered a new book to the new address.

I was impressed. Even though I technically gave Amazon the wrong address when I purchased the book, customer service was very accomodating and took care of the problem.

Good luck.
    angela

kayte is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I had a similar situation with a baby carrier. I emailed customer service and the item was replaced.

I had a similar thing happen with a package from a private party (not business) and I gave the DC#, sender's address, and my address to my PO and they were able to find the package.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

In my case it usually means it was delivered to my neighbors and they haven't realized it yet.

In our neighborhood, packages are often delivered to the wrong homes. Usually the wrong receiver brings the package to the right house. But literally everyone on our street is on vacation except us, so perhaps this is what happened with you!

writermama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Like PPs, we frequently get mail delivered to a neighbor. The longest I've ever gone witout recieving the item was 2 weeks. It had been delivered to a neighbor who was on vacation and then took over a week to go through her pile of mail after she got home.

I'd forgotten ordering the item by then.

It can be a pain, but the silver lining is we get a chance to meet nice neighbors.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'd just call them....or email them...last Christmas I ordered a Fisher price FP3 player...same thing...it said delivered but hadn't arrived..I waited a couple of days and emailed them...the sent a new one right out....and the original one finally showed up too (which I kept..shhhh and gave to my friends daughter...I did explain about the extra FP3player as I don't usually spend that much on friends children's gifts but it was nice to pass along and amazon will still be in business!)

shilo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

yup, had this happen at christmas 3 years ago with a big order of books. i emailed CS at the addy in my order confirmation email, they responded immediately, reshipped the entire order expedited to make it before xmas and just said 'let us know if the original box ever shows up'. it did about 3 weeks into january. just weird. emailed them and they sent out some sort of label by email postage pre-paid that i affixed to the box and left out for pick up. very easy and they were very professional about the whole thing.

lori
    lori

cairo06 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by MommyAllison
    I had a similar thing happen with a package from a private party (not business) and I gave the DC#, sender's address, and my address to my PO and they were able to find the package.
    Thanks for giving me hope. I bought DS a NWT HA Baby Fleece Jacket from a seller on ebay and it appears delivered, but never actually showed up. USPS is checking on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast