Default crunchy elastic in kissaluvs and fuzzibunz

I somehow managed to kill the elastic all my cloth diapers from DD. I'm expecting baby number 2 in a few months and I'm so sad about all my cute kissaluvs.

When researching cloth I specifically went with it since I could re-use the diapers. I was super strict on my wash routines- cool rinse, hot wash- very little detergent, no softeners or bleach.

I think my mom can fix the fuzzibunz, but the elastic on the kissaluvs seems more difficult to get at.

Am I the only one this has happened to?

I'm tempted to just buy more diapers - but now that the bumgenius are out I'm thinking those might be the way to go. Do those work on a newborn?

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

I had the same issue with the Kissaluvs. I didn't replace them, but upgraded to other fitteds for #2.

At 3 weeks, I was able to use a Bumgenius fitted medium on DS2. It was a bit tall in the rise, but otherwise fit. He was just over 10lbs then. I wouldn't try a pocket on him during the day, as I don't think it would hold the poops.

None of the elastic in my BG was worn. I bought them for DD and they're still good for DS2.
    Kris

It's not you. A lot of Kissaluv's got loose elastic, don't know why. Sometimes it still works ok for a baby, especially since you are using it with a cover as extra backup for a leak. I used one KL0 with good elastic and one with loose elastic on DS as a newborn and both were fine.

I am in the minority who found that bumGenius one size did not work for my DS until he was over 2 months. They are still a little big in the rise, but he wears them regularly now at 4 months (sleeping in one now, in fact).

If you were the first owner, I am a little surprised the Fuzzibunz got loose elastic since you don't hear about that quite as much, but it happens.

Don't write off CDs because of this. It happens to a lot of people, and if you need help, there are people on diaperswappers or maybe here on BBB (ask lizajane) who will replace elastic for a small fee. You pay shipping, but it's cheaper than new CDs.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

I just found a great tutorial in how to replace loose elastic on a Fuzzibunz. Anyone can do it: it requires no sewing machine or sewing knowledge, just a needle and thread and only a few stitches.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=212544
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9