Thread: Size 1 diapers

Default Size 1 diapers

If I buy 2 of the jumbo boxes of Size 1 from BRU (216 ct), do you experienced moms think I will use them all? Or should I buy a size 1 and a size 2?

Don't stock up on diapers. You never know which brand will work best on your baby, or how large or small the baby will be.

Diapers go on sale frequently, and there are always coupons. It's a lot cheaper to pay a few cents more per diaper than to be stuck with 150 diapers you can't use b/c the baby grew out of them.

ETA: DS was 8lb 5oz at birth, and did not spend much time in size 1's at all. Not to mention that we had planned to use Pampers, but a)both DH and I found the perfume-y scent nauseating, and b.they gave DS a rash.
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven

ahrimie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

ditto: i'd just buy one box. plus, you might get diapers as gifts... we're still going through gifts at 3.5 months!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'm in the other camp. If you have the coupons, the $10 gift card promotion, the $7 off Pampers brand and wipes (return the wipes later), and you have a place to put them, I'd go ahead.

Our 8 lb 5 oz baby JUST finished size 2 a couple weeks ago, and 3's are too big. He's in 2-3's at NINE months old! Yeah, we went through several boxes of 1's. You can always either return them or exchange them for another size if you keep your receipt (at BRU).

During the tax free weekend, we got 8 boxes of Cruisers -1 for DD's sleeping diapers, then a bunch for DS. They had a $15/2 boxes gift card promotion, plus that $7 coupon (less than 60 days expired is okay at BRU, not TRU) and the price was down that week to 37.99. Right now ours are 40.99. Also, they started putting coupons inside the packages again, so I pulled those out of all the boxes I knew we'd keep and used them at the register. The price I paid was 45% off what they are selling for today with no specials running.

I'm not a fan of bringing home a box every couple weeks. Everyone's different, though. With my first kid, though, people did give us all different brands, so we were sure about which ones worked for us this time around.
    Last edited by WatchingThemGrow; 08-31-2008 at 09:28 PM.

deannanb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

we went through one box of newborns
    3 walgreen's size 1
    1/2 parent's choice size 1 (walmart)

and are into size 2

I started cloth diapering with the walgreens size 1 -
    so it is possible that we might have gone though more, but I think that is about it for the size 1.
    Deanna
    my three sons
    8/95, 10/04 and 6/08

I'd be careful about stocking up on diapers before you know for sure if you're baby isn't going to have problems with the brand you buy (too big, too small, leak, gets a rash, etc). If you feel the need to stock up, keep the receipt so you can make an exchange or return. Not sure what BRU's policy is but I had to buy some from Wal-Mart for an emergency and they gave me all kinds of grief even though I had a receipt and the package had not been opened. I'd check on the store's policy before stocking up as well. There's always a sale somewhere for diapers. I've had great luck at BRU, Diapers.com and at Amazon. The great thing about the last two sites is that they will deliver and sometimes you can get delivery for free.

If for some reason you get stuck with a bunch of diapers that don't work, you could always check your area for a diaper swap or a diaper donation type charity. I've seen some diaper swaps on craigslist and there are organizations that collect disposable diapers and distribute them to needy families.

No matter what you decide, I hope this helped.