Default FP Zen Collection High Chair?

Any opinions on this chair? I'm expecting our first child in Nov., and had originally narrowed my choices to the Polly or FP Rainforest (I'm not crazy about the fabric, but people seem to love it) when I found the FP Zen on the FP website. It looks like it has all the things parents love about the FP Rainforest and Aquarium, but a more neutral fabric. Unfortunately, I can't find any reviews. Does anyone have one? Thoughts? Thanks a bunch!!!

I just looked at it online (I have the FP Rainforest, BTW) and it looks cute! It looks pretty similar to the Healthy Care, but that tray is shaped differently. One of the things I really like about my Rainforest is that I was able to buy extra insert trays on eBay so I would be able to use a clean one while the other was in the dishwasher. With that new tray shape, I don't know if you could get extras (if you care about that).

If you could find a store to look at it next to a Healthy Care, I would recommend that. Most people love the HC and I would want to make sure that FP didn't mess with any of the features that have been so great. For me, it was critical that DD not be able to kick off the tray - the earlier versions of the Aquarium version had that problem - the Rainforest doesn't.

Hope that helps a little!
    S
    DD 6/06
    DS 5/09

Thank you sooo much! Your advice is great. I'm happy to hear that FP fixed the problem with the tray, too - I read about that somewhere and was concerned.

Yep, I found there was no way to confirm that I was going to get the "new" (i.e. fixed) version of the tray on the Aquarium version when I looked about 18 mos ago, so.... I went with the loud Rainforest pattern to play it safe and DD loves it. She talks to the animals and birds all the time. She has only kicked off the tray once and that was because my husband didn't lock it into place.

Good luck with your high chair search! Although I have never tried the Polly, I can tell you that I have not seen another chair that allows the child to be as close to the tray as these FP chairs- great for avoiding messes!
    S
    DD 6/06
    DS 5/09

After more research and reading your posts, I've definitely settled on a FP - not sure which one, yet. I'm going to see if I can find both chairs like you suggested so I can compare. Good to know that the FP tray fits closer. I'm sure that's a huge bonus!

Default Recommend Zen High Chair

I purchased the Fisher-Price Zen high chair about one month ago for my DD (now 10 months). I had been debating between the Polly and the Zen. I went with the Zen hoping it would be as easy to clean as all the reviews of the FP Healthy Care Rainforest. I have been very happy with the Zen high chair. It is easy to use, easy to clean, and my DD seems very happy and comfortable in the chair. This is my first child and high chair, so I have not tried any other high chairs, but I am happy with the Zen.