Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Photo Books from online photo places?

I'm going to do a search but also wanted to ask right away -- what have your experiences been with online photo book makers (Shutterfly, Snapfish, etc.) I want to make personalized alphabet books with my kids' photos (A is for Apple, etc.etc.) and I'm not sure yet whether to go with scrapbooks or photo books made online. Maybe I can do this before Christmas although I give myself permission to miss that deadline.

Thanks so much!
    Karen
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My parents gave us a photo book by Snapfish last year at our girls' first birthday. I LOVE it. It's beautiful quality and I know that my parents got a great deal on it (I want to say it was about $20.) To be honest, after seeing it, I feel like selling all my creative memories stuff. I just don't have the time or the inclination to do albums that way and it just overwhelms me. I love the idea of real books with pages and the actual photos still digital, you know? I do think scrapbooking is really fun I just have too much on my plate right now and I can't handle constantly working on them and never "catching up", you know?

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks so much for that info. I have never scrapbooked and so it would be diving into the unknown. I am all about fast, easy and cheap for this project -- as long as the finished project looks acceptable. The first big job is going to be taking / organizing the pictures and coming up with ideas for the phrases. Online layouts sound easier to do as well...... it's so much more in my comfort zone, especially when I consider using my own handwriting for the scrapbook pages..... that's really the most unappealing part of the scrapbook method IMO.
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My handwriting sucks....could definitely mar my efforts at scrapbooking!

My Mom made a book using the iPhoto software- it's the same sort of thing as the Snapfish etc books- and it looks great! It's really lovely and very professional looking, and if SHE can do it, anyone can! LOL! I haven't tried one yet, but I plan to.
    Kit

Littleman 10/03, Mr. Sweetcheeks 08/05, Babyman 11/07

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Mypublisher is supposed to be great too and there are discount codes around! I have only seen a shutterfly book and it was lovely!

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If you sign up for a shutterfly acct, they will offer you a "free" photo book every once and awhile to try to suck you into using their site. I just did my first one, which was 20 pgs. and came to about $10 with s/h. It was a lot of work to go through and upload all the pics I wanted and then figure out what to do. I suppose it would be easier if you had a theme in mind. I haven't received it yet, so can't comment on the quality, but I'm expecting it to be nice (present for DH's bday)
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

I just did my first Shutterfly book - got sucked in by one of the free promos, so 20 pages of my 8x8 book were free. It was easier to pay $1 per page for the four extra pages than to figure out how to cut down my selections. With a free shipping code, the book (w/4 extra pages) was less than $5.

I am really impressed by the quality. I use Shutterfly to share pictures already, so I had all of our from Disney World already uploaded. It was still time consuming and I definitely had DH proofread it for me before I sent it off as completed.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by belovedgandp
    I just did my first Shutterfly book - got sucked in by one of the free promos, so 20 pages of my 8x8 book were free. It was easier to pay $1 per page for the four extra pages than to figure out how to cut down my selections. With a free shipping code, the book (w/4 extra pages) was less than $5.

I am really impressed by the quality. I use Shutterfly to share pictures already, so I had all of our from Disney World already uploaded. It was still time consuming and I definitely had DH proofread it for me before I sent it off as completed.
    Did you just use a free sip code you found online? I wasn't able to use a free ship code with the free book.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I did one earlier this year from Costco. It turned out pretty well, even though the quality of many of my pictures was poor (low resolution) -- it looks really nice anyway.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast